Microdermabrasion - Tacoma, WA

I wanted to try to get a fresher, not so tired...

I wanted to try to get a fresher, not so tired look. My dermotologist suggested Microdermabrasion. She said it would help minimize my acne scars & leave my skin smoother and softer. It did nothing. It was only midly uncomfortable and there was no down time, but it also did no more than an at home facial. I wasted my money.

For me the procedure was no more effective and very much more expensive than an at home facial.

In my 14 years in skincare I know that having regular facials, peels, microdermabrasion, etc, is extremely beneficial to the health of the sin. Achieving visible results is akin to achieving visible results with exercise in that you are receiving benefits before you ever see results. And, as with exercise, frequency, the proper treatment for your skin, home care, and maintenance are all key. Peels and microdermabrasion also remove damaged and pre-cancerous cells! I've done really cool demos in the past where we look at the patient's skin under a skin scope before and after microdermabrasion. Both the patient and I would be able to see an improvement on multiple levels with just one treatment. Microdermabrasion isn't a miracle worker, it won't smooth out scars like laser resurfacing can, but it is definitely one of many useful skincare treatments.
YOU have to do this more than once to see results. You need to do this at least four times, two weeks apart...after that, once a month for maintenance. YOU will see a difference if you do it this way. Of course all these procedures depend on the experience of who treats you.
Maybe you had better luck than me. I had it done 4 times about 2 weeks apart & it didn't do as much for my skin as a good facial.