Acnescarbegone - Syracuse, NY

I'm 33 y.o. African- American woman who has...

I'm 33 y.o. African- American woman who has had bad acne scars for years on my face, especially around the temple area and cheeks. I just had my first ProFractional laser treatment done. It did sting but only for a litte while. I think next time I might put more numbing cream on and leave it on longer. I left the office with several bleeding spots which they warned me would happen. I will go for an evaluation in 4 weeks and then schedule my 2nd treatment. Will update on progress.

It was actually a RN that did the treatment. She was very nice and answered all my questions and made sure that I was comfortable during the procedure.

Just wondering how your progress has been. I had a profractional done there 9 weeks ago and still have indentations on my face in a grid pattern from the laser. How long did they last on you?

Hi sephora,

I'm glad you had what sounds like a good experience. Other community members have mentioned they would use more pain cream too. One community member went so far as, when her doctor left the room she covered her whole face in a ton of creme. She said she could not feel a single thing, but was very happy with the results, her story made me laugh, maybe you could do that ;)

Thanks,