Chin Liposuction Unsuccessful - Syracuse, NY

I’ve always had a double chin, and hated the...

I’ve always had a double chin, and hated the way it looked. So I decided to get chin liposuction to correct the problem. I was initially very happy with the results, the double chin was COMPLETELY gone and looked amazing. However, I’m now 5 weeks post op and when I go for 24 hours or so without wearing my compression garment, my double chin seems to “reappear”.

The area becomes tender and sore to the touch, I cannot extend my neck fully without a stretching feeling, and my skin gets warm- the only thing that helps is massage or wearing the compression garment again. I’m very disappointed because I feel like the great results I initially had were just temporary side effects of the compression garment. Or is the reappearance of the double chin just simply due to swelling?

I was careful and made sure to choose my surgeon carefully, as he is board certified. But I’m wondering now if maybe that doesn’t make such a big difference after all…

I'm not 100% certain on my ratings as of yet.

Hi Forbidden, I just wanted to mention that we will be doing a live video chat with one of our Top doctors tonight at 5:15 pm (PST), specifically around chin augmentations, implants, lipo where anybody can ask questions and get real-time answers. If you're interested, sign up here.

You should maybe talk to him again, since it's been a few weeks since you last spoke. Maybe he could shed some new light on why you're seeing these results.

i mentioned it on my one week visit, that it didnt look like enough was taken out- he prescribed me to wear the garment 24/7 for the next three weeks, and then at night for two weeks after that. it looks great when i have been wearing the garment for a while and take it off, but after going a day without it on, its like i never had surgery to begin with! :(
How has it turned out now? I am having a similar experience - very unhappy with results.

Hi there, thanks for sharing your experience with us. Have you spoken to your doctor yet about your concerns?