Would Do It Again, but Lots of Pain... - Syracuse, NY

Well, I am 28 and had pretty prominent ears. They...

Well, I am 28 and had pretty prominent ears. They were borderline... most people wouldn't think twice but I noticed and some people did, especially when I had my hair cut short.

I decided to have the procedure done after reading a number of reviews on this site and weighing the risks and costs.

I was awake for the surgery and the head dressing was pretty annoying. After I got back it was definitely the worst pain I have ever experienced, even with some pretty strong pain killers. For the record, I play hockey and used to play lacrosse, I have had several injuries and I am not a hypochondriac or a wuss. The dressing came of after 3 days. I took a week off work just to make sure I was taking it easy.

In the end, I am glad I did it. My ears aren't perfectly symmetrical but the doctor did a great job. I see the difference every time I look in the mirror, it's a great feeling.

New York Plastic Surgeon

great staff, they helped me get scheduled for surgery within 3 weeks of my consultation... for a very in-demand doctor.

Thanks for writing such a helpful review, goalie82, and congrats on your surgery. We'd love to see pics too, if you're comfortable sharing them.