Breast Implant Removal - Syosset, NY

I was 31 when I acquired silicone breast implants....

I was 31 when I acquired silicone breast implants. At the age of 54 they ruptured probably due to wear and they were just old. I think I endured more pain at their removal than getting them in but I am very happy they were removed. I have no regrets about having them for 19 years. I have a different mindset today so getting them removed was a relief to me. The downside is I don't have the chest that I used to have so I have had to improvise. The upside is I don't have to worry when they will rupture any longer. I feel lighter with my body and in my mind.

Long Island Plastic Surgeon

The surgeon was recommended to me after seeing 3 other surgeons for consult. I got in touch with him via email over a holiday weekend and he immediately emailed me back. He has offices in Manhattan and in Syosset. Upscale area. I loved his demeaner. Very calm and the hospital was wonderful. There were atleast 4 aftercare visits and he worked with me on the price. My insurance picked up most of it. He did not push me into getting implants again. I was more than happy with him and highly recommend him.

Kim2623, I am considering removal and looking for a surgeon. Any way you can send me before and after pictures of his work?
I just had my breast implant removed , first I had saline implant oct 2004 then scar tissue removed for 3 times then i had it replaced to silicone gel in Jan 2012, I had it removed march 2012 due to infection , I spent so much money for it , But I am glad that I had it removed . My breast look so terrible and and I lost so much tissue around my breast . it is so hard to look at it and i feel so frustrated .
HI. Thank you. I need mine out, Silicone from '83. Can you tell me why you had so much pain? Congratulations. I know just how you feel. I never thought I'd want them out (and not replaced), but I so do. I just wish it was done already.

There are some very pretty padded bras out there now. :0)

I'm glad you're feeling lighter all around. That's a good place to be.

Thank you for posting your experience here on RealSelf!