Restylane Night Mare - Sydney, Australia

Had restylane injected into my lips 18 months ago,...

Had restylane injected into my lips 18 months ago, and since then my life has been hell. Firstly my lips swelled like 3 times there normal size..I ran the dr who said things will settle down in time and that this has never happened to anyone before..Well thats a lie as i have read heaps of terrible stories about this stuff and what it can do you..I would really just like to warn people that this stuff can do horrible things to your looks and mostly your self esteem..

Research everything before you get this done to yourself as i wish i had..Anyways they say its mot forever but after 18 months i really think it is..

I would never recommend restylane..

-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

Was it definitely restylane? Restylane is meant to be the reversible filler. Sorry about your experience, I have also experienced an extremely rare complication from fat transfer which permanently damaged my nose. It is a horrible thing to go through.
Thanks Britt, i have rang a few doctors and spoken to them, they all say the same. Because of legal blar blar they wont even see me..My god i just wont this taken out. I will check out the other forum..Thanks ~ Sue

Wow, that's not cool at all. Hopefuly you will find someone to help.

Thanks,

-Britt

Hi Sues,

I'm so glad to see you did a review. I know it wasn't a great experience for you, but your review will definitely help others who are going through the same problems. Have you gone to see a different doctor to see if they can do anything for you? I have heard other community members mention they had to have the Restylane taken out. You also might want to check out our Restylane forum, Too Much Restylane LipsPlease keep us updated.

Thanks so much for the review,

-Britt