Restylane Night Mare - Sydney, Australia

Had restylane injected into my lips 18 months ago,...

Had restylane injected into my lips 18 months ago, and since then my life has been hell. Firstly my lips swelled like 3 times there normal size..I ran the dr who said things will settle down in time and that this has never happened to anyone before..Well thats a lie as i have read heaps of terrible stories about this stuff and what it can do you..I would really just like to warn people that this stuff can do horrible things to your looks and mostly your self esteem..

Research everything before you get this done to yourself as i wish i had..Anyways they say its mot forever but after 18 months i really think it is..

-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

Was it definitely restylane? Restylane is meant to be the reversible filler. Sorry about your experience, I have also experienced an extremely rare complication from fat transfer which permanently damaged my nose. It is a horrible thing to go through.
Thanks Britt, i have rang a few doctors and spoken to them, they all say the same. Because of legal blar blar they wont even see me..My god i just wont this taken out. I will check out the other forum..Thanks ~ Sue

I would never recommend restylane..