Lines Have Disappeared - Sydney, Australia

I have very fair skin and wanted to get rid of...

I have very fair skin and wanted to get rid of slight pigmentation to make my skin appear more fresh.

I suffer from acne and although I knew from reading about the procedure that fraxel only repairs acne scars and not current acne I was told it would help with acne.

The treatment hurt, don't let them tell you it doesn't and don't believe any written reviews that say otherwise, but you get happy gas which is fun and takes your mind off it.

Skin didn't flake off the way I expected it to, I don't know how to quite describe it. Iit's almost two weeks after and my skin is still extremely pink. I can't tell if the pigmentation is gone and whether my skin tone looks more even and fair because all I see is pink. My acne got worse after the treatment and as i expected made no difference.

I had slight lines around my eyes which have completely disappeared, as well as the crinkle marks on my nose.

All in all I have to say do NOT get this treatment I you have current acne. It's pointless because you will just still get your skin damaged from acne and need the treatment again when you have acne scars.

I'll have to update this when my skin isn't pink anymore to let you know how it went with pigmentation.

Gary Cussel

Doctors and clinicians at this establishment are completely transparent in their single minded approach to selling their products. They said this treatment would help with acne for Christ sakes.

Hey Cameron, How is your skin looking now? Which fraxel did you have? Repair, restore, restore dual? I have lots of post acne hyperpigmentation and am considering fraxel dual to get rid of it.

Hi Cameron9182,

Other community members have mentioned they started something like Retin-A to help their acne go away and then had Fraxel. Is that something you would consider for next time?  However, having the slight wrinkles around your eyes go away is fantastic. Yes please do keep us updated when your skin is less pink.

Thanks so much for the review,

-Britt