Ultherapy - 2 Months on - Sydney, Australia

After a tough year, i felt like i had aged 5 years...

After a tough year, i felt like i had aged 5 years. I felt as if my cheeks had become sunken, i looked a bit drawn (as evidenced by sagging of acne scarring!) and i wanted to get rid of the sadness in my eyes by refreshing the rest of my face.

I had ultherapy to my cheeks, lower face area and neck. So far, just over 2 months on, it has had no effect at all on my neck (i am 34 years, and have slight sagging of neck area). Re cheeks and jowls - there was some slight improvements (my acne scarring slightly raised). Slight reduction of my nasolabial folds. However, certainly not enough to justify the cost.

I think the improvement was due to the swelling that persisted for over a week and tenderness for just under 2 months. I could have probably seen the same results just be losing 5 kilos (weight i had put on in the year before). Re pain - i had to have a lot of laughing gas, as i found it quite painful without.

Fantastic clinic, great staff.

Hi yokidoki,

I came across a site which might be useful for you (re finding an ultherapy practitioner in Sydney).

Regards.
Ok, well thanks so much and sorry you had to waste that cash :S
Sorry about your experience Sydney girl. Is there a way you can privately tell me the clinic you went to? I need to know where not to go in Sydney.

Here are directions from our Help section on how to private message another community member. :)

Dear yokidoki,
I'm not comfortable giving out that information, purely because I in no way have an issue with the clinic (in fact i've gone there for years for other procedures - i'd actually recommend only this clinic for all facial procedures (and i've been to many :O) ). I just didn't think the ultherapy procedure itself was worth the money - at least, not for me. :O)
Hi guys,

Well, it's been nearly a year since i had my ultherapy done (by one of the most reputable clinics in Sydney). As i mentioned in my original post, i still have reservations about spending so much (hard earned) money on a procedure that provides only minimal results. To be honest, ive had more results performing my own glycolic acid peels (50%) which have definitely tightened my skin, at a fraction of the ultherapy cost and no pain. For me, the ultherapy did not provide the results id hoped for, and i think it is just too much money to pay on a "chance" of it working.
Hi Miss Sydney, Good to know. I don't mind trying things that don't work; as long as they don't cost the earth, then a roll of the dice is ok. But that sounds really expensive so thanks for the heads up. Can you tell me what kinds of at-home peels you have found effective? Love to know more.
Hi RWolk, i have always used AHAs (20-60%). But im going to try mendelic and jessner peels in the coming months. I havent been successful in finding a peel provider in Australia that sells direct to the public. So ive been using a couple of reputable US companies that sell online for a few years. I prefer shipping in the peels myself as it saves money, saves me time and i get the strengths i want. Ive researched peels for years (too long actually!), so id suggest you do your research carefully before starting a regime yourself. Youtube is also a great resource, as you see skin reactions, application methods etc etc. Take into account your skin type, ethnicity etc when considering a peel. I started with a 60% peel in my 20s (my skin shed A LOT when i first did it, mainly around the nose and chin areas - like a snake shedding skin), but i still went to work etc. In my 30s, i prefer a gentler peel, as my skin has now changed through the natural aging process, so you just have to tailor it to the particular stage of your life. I stopped ALL such peels during my pregnancy, including a couple of months leading up to falling pregnant. I'm now 36, and have been having professional peels since i was 23 years of age, so im confident doing them myself at home now. If you have them done professionally, just pay attention to what they do, ask what strength peel you're having done, so that if you then choose to do them yourself at home, you'll know what your doing. I now use a peel fortnightly during warmer months, and weekly during colder months - i dont use any other skin products (eg. exfoliators) except tinted sunscreen (day) and rosehip (night). I also get professional microdermabrasions done monthly (my favourite!!), so i need to hold back and not be tempted to over exfoliate too much with peels (which is aging in itself).
Can someone tell me if they also put on the BAD results on this site? It is somewhat frustrating to spend TONS of money (as the poor Sydney, Autralia patient did on ultherapy) only to be told to "wait" to see results. After two months I too would be furious! How unfair.

Hi nadia,

I don't know if you saw them, but I think so. Here is a link to the "not worth" it reviews. Hope that helps.

Have a good weekend,

-Britt

Hi Miss,

Welcome to the Ulthera community! So you said that it has been two months since you had your procedure, and no change on your neck. Have you noticed change on the other parts? In the doctor Q&A a question was asked, How long does it take to see Ulthera results? One of the doctors who responded says it can take 3-6 months to see full results. So maybe you will notice more soon. Please keep us updated.

Thanks so much for the review,

-Britt