Sclerotherapy Not Worth It! Possibly Created a Few New Broken Capillaries :( - Sydney, Australia

Involves injecting saline solution into your...

involves injecting saline solution into your spider veins and broken capillaries, i got this done on my legs and a little on my face. im 27 but i just wanted to get rid of these things as they just keep getting worse.

the one on my face she was getting no results with sclerotherapy so she used the broadband laser, BBL, which I was happy with the results of- although BBL hurts like crazy. Anyway regardless, the sclerotherapy on my legs minorly improved some spider veins but definitely created many more broken capillaries which will inevitably convert into spider veins too,. i definitely wouldn't repeat this. I would go with laser next time. if you have pretty minor spider veins dont do it! do laser!

Heber Davis

and check this out: similar story and response from doctors: http://www.realself.com/question/Sclerotherapy-options-tiny-broken-capillaries
Hi, yeah results remained the same and I would not recommend it unless you have those really huge ones that elderly people often have projecting from their legs, but from my understanding at that stage u actually need surgery to remove those veins. either way to anyone in a similar position and age group to me, i would still not recommend.

Hi diva,

You are not alone in how your surgery turned out. I looked in our doctor Q&A and found the question I look worse, the answers might help. Please keep us updated if things progress.

Thank you!