My Excellent Experience with Dr. Kevin Ho - Sydney, Australia

After being diagnosed with breast cancer and...

After being diagnosed with breast cancer and initially opting for a lumpectomy, I found out I had the BRCA2+ gene mutation. With this additional information, I knew that I wanted to have a double mastectomy, but I also wanted to be able to have a reconstruction at the same time. After speaking to another plastic surgeon and then to Dr. Kevin Ho, I knew that I wanted Dr. Ho to perform my reconstruction. Dr. Ho gave me two options, DIEP or direct to implants, and patiently discussed with me and my husband the pros and cons of each procedure. After several consultations with Dr. Ho so I could ensure I was making the right decision for me, I opted for direct to implants (i.e. no expanders!). Dr. Ho and his staff coordinated with my breast surgeon so I could have the double mastectomy and reconstruction at the same time, which took a lot of the stress out of the whole procedure. Being able to wake up with two new beautiful breasts after a double mastectomy minimised the emotional and physical impact. My recovery went smoothly and my reconstruction looks great!
Sydney Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Ho (and his staff) was always available to answer my questions and reassure me along the way. I am extremely happy with the results and would recommend Dr. Ho without hesitation.