Vaser Lipo of Flanks, Upper/lower Abs, Inner Thighs and Arms - Sydney, AU

Going in 2 hrs to get my fat sucked out :) the...

Going in 2 hrs to get my fat sucked out :) the worst part for me is the unknown of how much they will take and what I will look like. I'm not expecting to lose kgs, but maybe a dress size and a few inches from my main trouble spot - my flanks! I'm getting 5 areas done in one sitting which should take 4 hrs, am I mad?? I'm a nanny and have 7 days off work, just hope that will be enough time. I'm pretty good with pain, but guess we'll find out!

Bit about me - I'm. 31, no kids, am 168cm, weigh 65 kgs. I have a few pics to put up, but they aren't great - quite tricky I've noticed! Will keep u guys informed - any questions, feel free!

Day 1

So, it's all done :) it took 5 hrs, which seem a bit of a blur. I have to wear a corset and compression garment, which is fine, but cannot hide the corset as it is very bulky :( I look like I'm v apple shape! Not seen myself yet, but going for a lymphatic massage at 5pm today and will take my garment off for the first time when in the clinic and also get a shower there :) I feel like I am swelling quite a bit as my corset is getting tighter and is quite hard to breathe and eat/drink. The procedure it's self was fine, although there were some quite painful parts- they were apparently doing some hi def around my abs which is supposed to be more sensitive? I've been moving around lots today, went for a walk etc, but also taking it easy. Started watching homeland so get up and wander between each episode! Will update again over the next few days :)

Just seen my new bod...

And so far I am soooo happy! It's weird seeing another figure looking back at me. I'm not bruised yet, and can't really tell how swollen I am, but so far so good. I'm going to try to massage myself as often as I can and having the bloody corset on stops me from eating too much! Got on the scales this morn too- nearly 5 kgs more, so I must be very swollen! They took a total of 2 litres out, so hopefully back to 65 kgs soon or hopefully less! Will report back soon - any questions, feel free to ask. This whole thing has been extremely serial!

New pics

Hi there, welcome and thanks for sharing your experience with us.

I'm glad your procedure went well and I hope you have a smooth recovery. Just remember to follow your doctors instructions and don't do too much too soon!

Please do keep us updated with your progress.

Day 3

Still all going really well, had lymphatic massages every day since surgery and staff have been amazeballs. I'm only really bruised on my inner thighs and left side of flanks. Been up and about since day one, but also make sure I rest too. My life is either in standing or sitting mode - this corset stops me from bending, but it's fine, I just walk around looking like an umper lumper! Been drinking heaps of water, taking arnica pills and using cream, using Epsom salts when I shower and generally eating clean foods with minimal salt. Just getting impatient with these garments, but it's all for the greater good!

I have nothing negative to report really - if anyone needs any recommendations on where to go for lipo, cosmos has been great for me. And I highly rate them! Will do some more pics at 1 wk stage, today has probably been my most swollen and am expecting to get worse before I get better, but hope not :)

You'll be fine! It's been much easier for me than I expected and definitely worth it :) good luck!!!
Glad your procedure went well. You look great! I'm having mine in the morning, yikes!

1 week down

And one week closer to being able to take these garments off!!!! Only bruised on left flank and inner thighs. So far I love my arms the most - lost 2 inches each arm :)

The corset is the biggest pain in my ass, but the idea of flat stomach keeps it on. I'm told after 2 weeks I can occasionally take it off and just wear my compression garment if I have to. Using lots of Epsom salts as an exfoliator when I shower and using arnica cream, which I believe is helping loads. Here's a pic one week post

I went under local. I've had a great surgeon and their after care was all inclusive and has been first class. So happy I did it :)
Thanks Miffy, That's good news. I am already slim 179cm tall and currently 69kg, but usually 66kg. I just want to improve on my shape. I will look into getting a quote :)
Are you in Sydney?

2 weeks post

And every day gets easier and my swelling subsides. I do lead an active job and life, so by the end of the day I am more swollen and it can get me down, but I'm motivated again by morning as I see a much nicer shape looking back at me! I have got a few lumps, but just keep massaging and hope they will settle soon, having massages twice a week still and the nurse has said I'm healing better than most :) only a slight bruise now to my left hip, but all in all really happy and to see no muffin top really is a dream come true!

More pics

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Dammit, keep saving instead of adding pic!

Can you post pic updates and let us know if you're still swollen and/or have pain?
It's amazing how quickly there's a huge difference! You're looking great!
Yeah!

Nearly 4 weeks post

Hey! Sorry, I've been slack!

The past couple of weeks have been a bit up and down with my swelling - it's been amazing weather so have been without my garment over the past couple of weekends, and come Monday, I'm swollen again - put on 1.5 kgs, but then goes down again in a couple of days. Pain is fine - still tender to touch, but when I'm not poked, I don't really notice pain. Still massaging loads and have lumps in abdomen. They aren't too bad, but as swelling goes, they are more noticeable. I'm having the lumps injected with my own plasma on weds which is supposed to help quicken the reduction in the lumps. Doc says lumps are v normal and almost all patients get them. They take my blood, spin it and inject back into the lumpy areas. Will try to take some pics for you tomorrow or weds - I don't think I've really changed that much since last pics, but u guys can be the judge of that!

I found this from a site re - PRP therapy The use of PRP varies from procedure to procedure. PRP is generally applied topically to the wound site. It can be used to control bleeding in applications such as cardiovascular and orthopedics. PRP is often applied to bone grafts and soft tissue grafts to stabilize the graft material. PRP is used to help fixate bone grafts as well as accelerate bone growth in orthopedic and dental procedures. PRP is also used to seal wounds and accelerate soft tissue healing in facial plastic and cosmetic surgeries. So obviously they use it to help soften the lumps wich are formed by soft tissue. Their aftercare is so good, not heard of anyone offering this service as an all inclusive in aftercare. Is your procedure today? Good luck, see you on the slimmer side :)
Haven't heard of the plasma injections. You'll have to let us know how it goes.

4 weeks post

I've been up and down with swelling, still trying to keep garments on 24 hrs a day as without them my swelling increases quite a bit, but my arms are doing fine so chopped the arms off my garment that I use during the day as it's easier to conceal. Pain is fine, just still tender to the touch, and haven't started exercising yet as my body isn't ready, but will start swimming soon. Have uploaded pics , but not sure if much has changed since week 2. I have a but if a pot belly under my tummy button as there is a bit of trapped swelling, but all is still ok - going in for those injections later today - will let you know how I go!

I'm glad that I'm not the only one that's not quite ready to start back at the gym. My ps said to wear my garment 24/7 for four weeks. That will be in 6 days. I still have quite a bit of swelling and my lower back/hips are quite swollen and numb. Good luck today.
Sorry to hear you're still tender! Are you still on arnica and do you take any other otc painkillers? I think your hips have gotten smoother compared to your prior image. If you compare the recent back view with the prior one.
My tenderness isn't an issue, and I've taken no pain killers whatsoever since day 2, but it is only sore to touch. I massage quite aggressively , but my pain tolerance is pretty high. They are doing the procedure in the clinic - they have a variety of nurses etc in there, and I still visit twice a week for massages - they certainly seem to know what they are doing. I will update on my injections tonight. As to swelling, it's a pain in the arse, but I guess we did put our bodies through a fair bit of trauma! No, I stopped with the arnica, but still using Epsom salts - putting them in the bath now too

PRP therapy injections

I went in for my PRP injections yesterday and it was fine. They use it to promote healing in the soft tissue lumps and is supposed to speed the recovery. I'm being a fairly quick healer as it is, so it won't make as much of a difference to me as it would do a slow healer, but I'll take anything to speed things up! They use numbing cream to numb the areas that have lumps, take some blood, then spin my blood for about 10/15 mins, then come back and inject me with my plasma. It stings a little bit, but I didn't find it bad at all. Couple of hrs later , am all good again and no stinging soreness. There are not many clinics at all that do this, but as my clinic has the machine already , it's offered as part of the after care.

I'm getting my upper/lower abdomen and flanks done in 5 weeks and am starting to worry about the corset as it sounds like I won't be able to conceal it. I don't have to wear suits or corporate wear to work but still need to look decent as I work in the CBD. What would u recommend that I wear? I thought maybe harem pants and shirts with a long floaty cardigan or something?
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

Hi Miffy31! Your blog has helped me a lot with my research/recovery. I got Vaser lipo on my abs/flanks/legs three weeks ago at cosmos too and im supper happy with my results but still feel very swollen, especially by the end of the day! At what point did your swelling completely subside? Also, were you really trying to focus on what you ate or were your relaxed with dieting?
Cosmos clinic