One More Month Until my Nose Job! - Sydney, AU

So my operation is booked on the 10th of December...

So my operation is booked on the 10th of December.

Any advice on what to buy or what i need in general would be gladly appreciated... or what to expect.

I've never been operated on before... i feel cool and fine about it now, but something tells me when the day comes i'll be freaking out inside but faking the calmness outside... lol

Also what to expect after my nose job.. tips etc... I so want to take down all the mirrors in my house so i don't catch a glimpse of my after surgery self.. but considering all my mirrors are built in the wall i'm practically doomed.

My doc has told me about the ugly 1st month so i'm not going to be too picky on what my nose looks like then as i know swelling is going to play a major ugly part in it.

The wait..

Makes me eat ice cream on the daily and look at noses... sometimes i feel like i would suit a ski slope nose other times a straight nose with a slight slope...

I wish i was able to detach my current nose and plug in different ones to see which i prefer more so..

Payments

First chunk transferred today.. the rest tomorrow, since St George's max on transfers is 5 grand.. however, you are able to up it to 10 grand (2day wait period).

Not long to go

Two more weeks to go, feeling excited!

One week left to go!

Arhhhhsss.. Still haven't bought nothing from the store. Feeling impatient excited & anxious.

One more day to go!

Well here i am with just a single day to go now. I'm just figuring out the little final task and purchases i have to do today. I also read up on general anesthesia in depth not happy i did lol... Looking forward until tomorrow is over, and i'm just back in the comfort in my own home pain or no pain.

Six hours left to go..

its my one am should be up at four but woke up thinking it was late and that i forgot to set my alarm.. late no alarm set yes.

Feeling reflective and little down.. happy feelings at this moment are none. I'm hoping i can just fall back to sleep and wakeup with a different mindset instead of just sitting here thinking & feeling like crap. ok back to sleeping i go.

How did it go hun?
How did it go?
waiting for pics!
girl, its all ok. let us know, we are here waiting for you

I'll be thinking of you this week! You can do this!

Thanks alot Angie :)
how are ya girl?
Doing good, last day of comfort before the hell that is tomorrow!
good luck to you, how exciting to soon be able to put these nerves behind you!
Thank you :) oh there behind me at this moment but i'm certain tomorrow morning they wont be.
Getting so close now...mine is this Friday!! Had my second consultation this morning and took in some photos of disaster rhinos and said this is what I DON'T want! ahh really hope it all goes well. Good luck with yours too! x
Haha nice.. mines is next Tuesday! we are almost there now.. i'm so excited for all my fellow ladies that are getting there surgery done from this site within days. It better go well for you and me both lol, Takecare & keep me posted x
mine is this Thursday! so im the first one going in, ill test the waters! I picked up my rx's today, bought a humidifier, Afrin, Sudafed, a neck pillow. got the guest room ready for me, lots of pillows, lip balm, books
Nice, i haven't gotten anything yet... I will stock up on goodies pretty soon. Don't forget to stock up on easy eating foods.
I have a few things so far but my Dr. really just encouraged me to stock up on ice packs or frozen peas and lots of panadol and to only take the strong pain medication at night as it can make you feel worse (i.e. nausea, constipation).
I just assumed the hospital would give me some after i leave i guess that's not the case. I do always have panadol at home and plenty of frozen peas. What strong pain medication did you buy? All i know is panadol lol.
They said they will give me stronger medication (not sure what it is) after my surgery but he said to try and stick with panadol because there are no side effects. He said I shouldn't be in very much pain just some discomfort :)
I had 4 rx's to fill: Zofran for nausea, Lortab 7.5mg hydrocodone for pain, Keflex antibiotic, Diflucan for the yeast im gunna sprout from the Keflex. plus otc Afrin nasal spray for severe congestion, & Sudafed for same. im going to call & request a couple of Ativan 1mg for nerves night b4 and morning of surgery
and raw rice in Ziploc in freezer make great small ice packs and can be constantly changed out for colder ones n refrozen
what would you recommend for food? I'd love to lose 20 pounds!
I plan on living on deserts after my surgery.. so that's ice cream, jello & custard.. defiantly not my time to lose weight. However, once i'm done recovering I do have to lose the extra chub. So that means sleeping well, exercising, eating all meals, plenty of vegetables, fruits and lean meats. I have however come across this product that i'm currently obsessed with it's Roasted Coconut Chips they are sooooo insanely good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm going to go the opposite and eat super healthy to hopefully speed up my recovery. I'm generally pretty healthy anyway (I'm gluten and lactose intolerant) but I want to be super strict after my surgery so I don't gain any weight as my Dr. told me I can't exercise for a month after! I'm going to be making soups and eating a lot of fruit and soy yoghurt :)
im stocking up on skinless boneless chicken grilled and raw veggies. lots of low cal Greek yogurt and tons of water. and my vitamin supplements :)
Ohh sounds yummy and healthy! My doctor told me not to take any vitamin supplements because it can affect your blood/bleeding??
dmaree24, girl84 and I want to email the three of us together bc our surgeries are all w/in a week of one another! yes I'm not allowed to take my herbs and supplements until after the surgery none before. Tons of Vit C helps healing and decreases scarring. ill take at least 3000mg/day after surgery