Much Needed Breast Lift with Implants After Breastfeeding my Two Babies. Sydney, AU

I am 27 years old, and after having and...

I am 27 years old, and after having and breastfeeding my two children (now 4yo & 2yo), my breasts were left very empty and saggy. I have always had larger breasts (10E/ 32E) before having children and after the dramatic changes from having my children I was left with closer to 10B/C sized breasts. I spend months researching and looking into my options. There was so much information and so many surgeons and clinics to wade through. The decision to stay in Australia or go overseas, was another avenue I had to deliberate. For me cost was an issue, I felt very guilty wanting to do something like this for myself, so it made it seem more convincing in my mind if I could keep the cost down without compromising my results.
After deciding, yes staying in Australia is definitely the right choice for me, I narrowed down my options for a surgeon to 3 possibilities after a lot of research on forums, websites etc. Two were from Melbourne (closer to where I live) and one was from Sydney. I booked consults for all three and did not make a decision until I saw all of them. Between the two in Melbourne one stood out, though the price was way more than I was comfortable paying. The Sydney PS was by far my best consult and everything he said just felt right to me. Also, the price was significantly less. I booked in with Dr Phoon from Sydney the day of my consult, surgery was to be 4 weeks from booking. I factored in the possibility of multiple trips back and forth to Sydney as part of my post op care and the stay in Sydney for a few days after my operation all that having surgery in another state would entail and I was still saving a lot of money! I had my reservations as it did almost seem to good to be true, but having my mum at my consults helped as she too felt Dr Phoon was by far my best option and not just because of price.
Dr Phoon and I decided on a lollipop or small anchor breast lift (to be decided in the operating room) 350cc or 395cc Mod Anatomical textured Mentor implants (again, size to be chosen during operation depending on the right fit) positioned in a dual plane 1 position. I was really happy with this. Dr Phoon took photos of me with his Vectra 3D imaging machine and showed me what these and other options would look like, however the above was what we felt would work best.
There was some time in the beginning where I was trying to figure out whether I really wanted to have a breast lift or not. In the end again after a lot of research and consulting the 3 plastic surgeons it was obvious to me that I really didn't have a choice if I wanted the best result. It took some time but I was ok with this in the end.
I had my surgery on Friday June 13th (lucky I am not superstitious!) Everything went exceptionally well. I was admitted to The Mater Hospital in North Sydney at 6:30am, I saw the nurse, was taken to a bed, gowned up. I then saw the anesthetist nurse would went through a few things and wheeled me off the theatre. I then met the anesthetist, had a cannula put in and Dr Phoon arrived. He went through what our plans were, drew me up and before I knew it I was off to sleepy land. Dr Phoon ended up using
I woke up with little pain, was taken to my room where my hubby was waiting and I stayed the night. I am so glad I decided to stay overnight rather than have a day procedure. It just put my mind at ease having someone come check on me so regularly. I was discharged at 10:00am the next day, Dr Phoon came to see me before I left, had a look and said everything went well, everything was looking well and I could call his mobile if I had any concerns or questions in the next few days. Dr Phoon advised that he ended up going a smaller implant 345cc HP as the options we had previously discussed were going to be too tight of a fit. I was ok with this, I trusted Dr Phoon knew what it was I was wanting to achieve and know he would make the right decision for me at the time.
Hubby and I stayed in Sydney until the Monday. Those first few days were the worst for pain, but I was well medicated and could notice considerable improvements everyday. I saw Natalie, Dr Phoons nurse Monday morning before flying home to have my dressings changed.
The following week I received a phone call from Natalie everyday to see how I was and I spoke to Dr Phoon a couple of times too. I felt very well looked after even though I was in another state.
At 10 days post op I had my dressings changed by nurses at my local doctors clinic. And again the following week. My incisions were all healed and I started using micro pore tape to help keep my scars flat.
I have just recently had my 4 week check in Sydney with Dr Phoon, we are both very pleased with the results, and relieved that me living so far away from him hasn't posed any difficulties. I will be flying back to Sydney in another 3 months for another check.
I am so so so happy with my decision to go ahead with this procedure, it has been an amazing journey and I love my new boobs. They make me feel like a young woman again, and already my confidence has improved a lot! I am so excited to continue to watch my breasts settle and soften over the next few months and cant wait to see how my scars fade as well. I am so glad I did have the lift as well. The scars were are bit yucky looking in the early days but they heal so quickly and they are so neat and nice, they should fade and almost become unnoticeable. And Dr Phoon has offered to do lazer treatment on my scars if they don't fade as I would like them too. All in all, I am over the moon, I don't have any regrets at all. I did my research and did not rush into anything, I went with my gut feelings on everything as well and I feel I have come out the other side with the best possible results I could have. :)

Hi can you tell me if $10000 was all of the costs or just the surgeons? I'm looking at doing the same thing but haven't found anyone that cheap in Australia. Thanks
Hi JP86, the $10000 was inclusive if everything. I have private health insurance, which covered quite a bit of hospital costs as the lift side of my procedure is classes as medical, not cosmetic.
It's amazing what a lift can do for your body and your spirit!
Sydney Plastic Surgeon

From first phone calls, to consults, to surgery, the whole way through I felt so comfortable with Dr Phoon and all the reception/nursing staff at his clinic. I felt like I was treated as an individual and not as a number (as I did at one other particular consult in Melbourne). Dr Phoon was lovely, kind and easy to talk to. We had a bit of a laugh and I just felt confident in him and comfortable with everything he suggested. He explained things very well and was very thorough. Everything he suggested coincided with what I had researched and what I thought would be the best options for me to get the result I was after. Any emails were replied to promptly, before and after surgery. Because I live so far away from his office, he was extra concerned for my post op care as I couldn't just pop in if something was concerning me or if he needed to look at something. Since my operation I have communicated with Dr Phoon via phone and email, I have sent him progress pics and I was able to get to Sydney 2 days ago to see him at 4 weeks post op. I have felt so well looked after since my operation, I know if anything was to go wrong, Dr Phoon would do everything he could to fix it, or ease my mind. I definitely don't feel like I have been forgotten now that I have had my surgery and have paid all my bills! I am so thankful to Dr Phoon for doing such an amazing job on me, and making the whole process so easy and stress free! Best thing I have done for myself!