Decided to Do It!!!! - Sydney, AU

I am a mom in her mid-40s, who has always been...

I am a mom in her mid-40s, who has always been fit, but have realized in this past year that my body is not responding to exercise the way it has in the past. I want my hour glass figure back, and I am worried about my body looking like a "block" as I start aging. I have contemplating getting something done for about a year now. Last week, I went to a clinic to get some Fraxel done on my face (that is another posting, and yes clearly I am vain). I was speaking to the nurse who was doing the treatment, and I told her I was thinking about getting liposculpture done, and which doctor in this clinic would she recommend (there are two in the clinic and I wanted to make sure I got the best one with the most experience). She then said to me, I shouldn't tell you this but the best doctor to do liposculpture is Dr Soo-Keat Lim and she gave me the name of his clinic. She explained that she did some training with him and he was the best in the business, that he has a really good eye and a lot of experience. This is exactly what I was looking for, and to be honest I had researched a lot of different doctors (I have the money to do any procedure, but I am really adverse to pain and also to living with bad results as a result of a doctor's mistakes) I left feeling really confident that I should at least have a consultation with him because this nurse had nothing to gain (and a lot to lose to recommend a doctor she doesn't work for). I had my consultation with him yesterday, and I have decided to do it. He was really good and explaining to me what I should do and what I shouldn't do, he was honest, forthright and spent about an hour and a half looking at the areas I were concerned with and giving me feedback. He also talked me out of doing things, that I wanted to do and said that I should just do my flanks and see if I like the results. I am excited to do it now, but the first step he said is for me to get blood tests done to ensure that my liver and kidney functions are good, as the amount of local anesthetic injected for the procedure is a lot compared to say what a dentist will use for your teeth, that he will only do the procedure if I have no issues with these functions to metabolize the anesthetic out of my system. I have posted photos of my body now and my problem areas are my middle section and my thighs and butt. I will post again once I get the procedure done. Wish me luck!
Dr Soo-Keat Lim

Amazing, I have been contemplating doing this for a long time, and he gave me the confidence to do it. I will post more after my surgery

Good luck with your surgery. It will be here before you know it!