6 Days Post Under Eye Fraxel:reStore - Sydney, AU

I'm currently 6 days post my first Fraxel...

I'm currently 6 days post my first Fraxel procedure. It was the Fraxel reStore laser. I should preface this review by stating that i am from an Eastern European background - very fair skinned, dark hair and eyes. So my review is aimed more to people with that colouring, as different cultures and different skin tones may respond differently.

I must say that I have mixed feelings about the procedure. I can see a minimal improvement, which im happy with, but i dont know if the diminishing fine lines is because the Fraxel has truly gotten rid of the wrinkles, or because there is still some swelling.

Immediately post procedure it hurt like hell - and i consider myself as someone with a high pain threshold. Next time id take a Nurofen and paracetamol beforehand. The heat sensation lasted several hours, despite my applying an ice pack. I was very very red, shoced, as i wasn't prepared for the immediate discolouration. However, most of it could be covered by make up - i went out and about that night. There was a LOT of flaking/sloughing on day 3 and 4 post procedure, and the under eye area felt very tender. Still does. Still very very dry but improving. Most redness is gone. About day 3/4, i also had the "Bronzing" effect, which could not be covered by make up - very noticeable - i looked like a racoon at work!

However, now that most of the healing is complete, i am quite happy with the slight reduction in fine lines - although i must say i didnt have many to begin with. This was more of an attempt to erase a truly traumatic year for me. However, no amount of Fraxel can get rid of the sadness i still see in my eyes.

Despite the pain and inconvenience, i would recommend this treatment for anyone wanting a freshen up. I will most likely go for a second treatment in a few months time - maybe during Winter when i can stay indoors!

It's not that i don't recommend him, i just don't want to advertise, as i hear there are better providers in my city. Each to their own. Ask many many questions. Don't be unprepared for the post op care as i was. I guess i didn't freak out so much as i have a prior healthcare background.