Baggy Eyes Run in my Family, Except for Me.... - Sydney, AU

Why I had it done: I started to get visible, 3D...

Why I had it done: I started to get visible, 3D bags at around 25. I hated it. People always said I looked tired. I tried some gel that tightens the bags, but the problem was really fat deposits under the eyes.

The procedure: I had a short consultation and then went in for day surgery. They put me under and I was going home within 2 hours. They peel back the skin from the eyeball and make incisions at the hidden part, so there's no sign of surgery.

The recovery: I'd taken 1 day on top of my weekend. I had light bruising under both eyes, and curiously an indent bruise at the top of my cheek under another eye. By day 3 all I had was the strange bruise on my cheek, which wasn't really close to me eye. I went back to work and when someone asked me about it, I told them I did it on the cupboard door. They laughed. It was gone after a few more days.

Hassles: the first day I woke up and my eyelids were gunked shut. I had to feel my way to the sink and splash water over my eyes to loosen the gunk. After that day there was no problem.

Afterwards: It was a good procedure to get done. It opened my eyes wider and nobody ever said I looked tired again (unless I was really tired). It was expensive due to the operating theatre costs, but I figured if every day I paid a dollar for not having to look at my baggy eyes, it was a steal.

It's a pretty simple, low risk procedure so I didn't need much care.