Baggy Eyes Run in my Family, Except for Me.... - Sydney, AU

Why I had it done: I started to get visible, 3D...

Why I had it done: I started to get visible, 3D bags at around 25. I hated it. People always said I looked tired. I tried some gel that tightens the bags, but the problem was really fat deposits under the eyes.

The procedure: I had a short consultation and then went in for day surgery. They put me under and I was going home within 2 hours. They peel back the skin from the eyeball and make incisions at the hidden part, so there's no sign of surgery.

The recovery: I'd taken 1 day on top of my weekend. I had light bruising under both eyes, and curiously an indent bruise at the top of my cheek under another eye. By day 3 all I had was the strange bruise on my cheek, which wasn't really close to me eye. I went back to work and when someone asked me about it, I told them I did it on the cupboard door. They laughed. It was gone after a few more days.

Hassles: the first day I woke up and my eyelids were gunked shut. I had to feel my way to the sink and splash water over my eyes to loosen the gunk. After that day there was no problem.

Afterwards: It was a good procedure to get done. It opened my eyes wider and nobody ever said I looked tired again (unless I was really tired). It was expensive due to the operating theatre costs, but I figured if every day I paid a dollar for not having to look at my baggy eyes, it was a steal.

It's a pretty simple, low risk procedure so I didn't need much care.

Thanks so much for sharing on RealSelf.  I had the exact same surgery- glad you are enjoying your results.  Are the dates correct on your review- you had this surgery 18 years ago?
Hi Jill. That's right I had it a long while back now. I normally wouldn't bother posting something from so far back, but for me it's a testament to how worthwhile it is, compared to a lot of procedures that might only last a few years or less.
No problem at all, we love to know how people's results hold up over time.  So you still have your original results?  I've heard some people get bags again as they get older and more fat protrudes from the orbital bone/socket.