Breast Reconstruction After Breast Cancer - Sydney, 02

I had a mastectomy after being diagnosed with...

I had a mastectomy after being diagnosed with breast cancer 9 years ago at the age of 45.

In October 2011, after much consideration I decided to have a breast reconstruction using an abdominal flap. I preferred this procedure as it meant using my own body tissue instead of a foreign implant, looking and feeling more natural (I also liked the idea of a bonus tummy tuck). I found that the tummy area took a little longer than the breast to heal but I was pretty much back to normal after 6 weeks.

Since then I have had my other breast lifted and recently had a nipple reconstruction. After the surgery I feel normal again and a lot more confident. I can honestly say I am very happy with the results, I only wish I had it done sooner.

Thank you for sharing your story on RealSelf! I am happy to hear you are pleased with your PS and your results. Sounds like you've been through a lot and deserve to have natural looking breasts. Did you need to do anything work on your other breast to get them to match well? Congratulations on your breast and on conquering the cancer!!  ;)

Sydney Plastic Surgeon

I first met Dr Moradi at Westmead Hospital and then continued to see him at Randwick Plastic Surgery. I must say Dr Moradi has done a remarkable job. He is very professional and thorough in his work and always available to answer any questions I have about my surgery. I would highly recommend Dr Moradi to anyone considering a breast reconstruction.