Breast Reconstruction After Breast Cancer - Sydney, 02

I had a mastectomy after being diagnosed with...

I had a mastectomy after being diagnosed with breast cancer 9 years ago at the age of 45.

In October 2011, after much consideration I decided to have a breast reconstruction using an abdominal flap. I preferred this procedure as it meant using my own body tissue instead of a foreign implant, looking and feeling more natural (I also liked the idea of a bonus tummy tuck). I found that the tummy area took a little longer than the breast to heal but I was pretty much back to normal after 6 weeks.

Since then I have had my other breast lifted and recently had a nipple reconstruction. After the surgery I feel normal again and a lot more confident. I can honestly say I am very happy with the results, I only wish I had it done sooner.

Sydney Plastic Surgeon

I first met Dr Moradi at Westmead Hospital and then continued to see him at Randwick Plastic Surgery. I must say Dr Moradi has done a remarkable job. He is very professional and thorough in his work and always available to answer any questions I have about my surgery. I would highly recommend Dr Moradi to anyone considering a breast reconstruction.