Swollen Gland and Numbness Around Gland After Facelift

Pro: Dr is a facial plastic surgeon & ear...

Pro: Dr is a facial plastic surgeon & ear nose, & throat Dr.

Con: Recovery is slow, and right salivary gland is very swollen, basically making my profile look worse than it did before the surgery.

Con: Dr says nothing you can do about it.

Con: Want to have full face laser but don't want to move forward until this condition is resolved. My profile used to be good, now I keep my hair over my face.

Had surgery because I had a deviated septum and jowls. I just turned 59 yrs old.

I had Facelift,Cheek Lift, Lip Lift, Blepharoplasty, and Rhinoplasty 5 months ago. Have normal numbness around ears and jawbone. Happy with results except right salivary gland very swollen and slight red line along jawbone. Very visible from right side profile, left gland not swollen. Doctor said nothing to do but remove it and he didn't recommend it. Said visible because he pulled platysma muscle back. Said it was like this before, but I know my body pretty well and it wasn't. Just in case it's relevant, nose runs all the time since surgery. Using cortisone on incisions, fluticasone propionate for nose. Any recommendations?

Because I had a nice jawline before a did the surgery.

Young at heart....What ever happened to your gland? Did you find out it was the salivary gland?
I had a full facelift over 4 weeks ago. It looks ok, but I have a large area in front of my left ear, goes out onto my face, about 3 inches around that is still swollen,numb, bumpy, sore and almost looks bruised and a little wrinkled. Visible from the side of my face. Right side is better, still hard and numb though. Will this ever go away? I thought that by 4 weeks I would be pretty much all done swelling. Also, how long do most people wear the elastic head, neck cloth? My Dr wanted me to wear it as much as I could stand it, but I go back to school/work on Monday and don't feel it's beneficial to wear it anymore. Help! (PS I also had my 1st Fraxel treatment last week, 1 of 4)
Ask the surgeon if the swelling could be massiter muscle. If it is, I understand that botox may relax it and have it look less prominent.
thank you, I have a dr appt tomorrow and will ask if mine could be the same problem.
Yes, Doctor said it was normal because he aggravated it when he did the liposuction in that area before pulling the skin tight. Guess I'll just have to hope it continues to go down with time.
Had surgery Dec 2, 2008 so almost 6 months ago. Did your Dr tell you that was normal?
How long ago did you have the surgery? I know my adams apple (guess that's what it is called)swoll up big time! It's been 4 weeks and it still hasn't gone down all the way.