Lump On Breast 6 Weeks Post Op

I started with a deflated 36D cup after loosing...

I started with a deflated 36D cup after loosing some weight due to an increased workout routine. Due to this I decided I wanted to have fuller breasts again and increase the size. I am overall quite happy with the results, I am currently a 36F.

The surgery stats are the following: 440cc of silicone, over the muscle placement, transax incision.

I had a breast augmentation six weeks ago, last week I noticed a small lump on the inside of my breast. I let a week pass by to see if it would go away but it hasn't although it's gotten a bit smaller but not by much. The lump feels like a knuckle-sized water filled balloon and it's somewhat tender. You can't really see it unless I lay down. Today I called my surgeon because I know it's better to have it checked. The secretary told me I need to go to see my family doctor to have the lump checked because she doesn't think that it has anything to do with the surgery although I am very aware that it wasn't there before. I just want to know, is it the norm to be told to go to the family doctor instead of having the PS check it? Whether or not it is the norm should I go ahead and book a consultation with my family doctor or should I go ahead and book a consultation with another plastic surgeon? I am at a loss here, I've now gone from slightly concerned to very worried and I am not sure about what I should do.

This is the first and only issue I've had with my surgery. My breasts look beautiful, full and very natural and the discomfort post op has been minimum. If it wasn't for this single issue I'd be 100% satisfied. Also I researched my Doctor quite extensively and he is well known and very well respected.