Hello all, I'm brand new to RS Just joined a few...

Hello all, I'm brand new to RS Just joined a few days ago although I've been looking on this site for months. So I'm having a bbl done by dr.J himself. I've been wanting a bbl since the 10th grade and I'm elated that my day is actually coming. I'm excited about having a date scheduled although its 7 months away(jan 22 2014). I'm trying to get it paid off so that I can be added to the fast track list have my date moved up. I'm not really happy with my body at all. I don't think that I've ever been. I hope that after the procedure I can look at myself in the mirror and finally like what I see at far as my body goes. I have a really pretty face but that butt just doesn't match. I've read some very inspirational posts here and I hope that this will be a good place for support for me as well. My family did not agree with the surgery at first but now my mom,dad,sis, and big cousin/sis(she's lived with us most of her life) support me because they know I really want it done. It's just hard for me to talk to them because they don't know much about the procedure and they really don't know what to say. I have a 2 year old son, he's my everything! His dad and I are not together. I work full time and go to school so I stay pretty busy. That's basically my story...for now.
Hey girl have you already had your consultation with dr. J?
Hey hun,Yes I had a phone consult with Sarah in April. I sent pics before the consult so that he could review them. Sarah is really great and she answered all my questions. I still want to talk to him in person, I will meet with dr. J the day before surgery so that I can show him specifically what I want.
Welcome Htown!:)

My wish pics

Pardon these typos....i figured it out this rs doesnt allow us to go bck to correct the typos...lol
Great wish pics Htownsfinest09 !!!! One thing abt dr j is what u ahow jim is what you're gonna get... ans his angels can be proud to represent w their pist op pics! Im so excited for both u and i....i cant wait for my proceedure!
Thanx! I'm excited for you as well. I know that he emphasizes that he can not recreate someone else's body but I think that I have realistic expectations...I hope?

Review of consultation

So my consultation was in April 4. Sarah is my coordinator (she's great!). It was scheduled for 2:30pm and had a 2 hr window. It was about 4:40pm CST and I hadn't receieved a call. So I called the office and the lady that answered was very polite and apologetic and she said someone will get me a call right back. About 5-7 mins later Sarah called. She was very nice and professional and she apologized that they were busy and was running behind. She went though a lot of info with me about the procedure and she answered any questions I had thoroughly. When I was done speaking with her she asked if I wanted to speak with dr j and I said I don't even need to because she answered everything and I will have a pre op *of course* in person the day before surgery. So that's when I want to talk to him about the specifics that I want, talk to him about ensuring my safety and health, and my recovery. Although I have realistic goals and I know I won't be perfect I want to make sure he has a detailed view of what I want and what I don't want. That's why I'm going to wait until the pre-op so it can be fresh in his mind!!! #Icantwaitimobsessing#

More wish pics

Almost there...

So, I just made another payment today. I only have $3500 left to go. I will have that paid off in no time. I'm so excited and hopefully when I pay it off they are able to get me a sooner sx date. I'm hoping for one that's 2 week to a month after I pay it off.
Not long. Who is your consultant? Let your rep knw if anyone cancels you wld prefer an earlier date and your flexible but you want a 730am time slot!!! So important
Sarah is my consultant and she told me I would be added to the fast track list once I pay it off and if they get an available slot they will call me and tell me what they have.
U go girly you will get a sooner date! Congratulations!!!!

Anxious...!

I can't stop thinking about my surgery. All I do is research BBL all day long. I know this cant be healthy:-( does anyone now how long it take to get your sx date moved up with dr j after paying the bal? I really want to have my sx at the end of aug or early sept.
Welcome and best wishes!
Thanx!

Change in heart

So, I've decided to no longer go with jimerson. I'm now scheduled for sx with dr.salama oct 24. The reason for the change is 1) I didn't want to have to wait all the way until next year to have my sx done 2) dr. Jimerson is a wonderful doc with great work but I just don't think he's the one for me. I didn't know about other docs until I joined RS but at that point I was already scheduled with dr j. Salama's work is exactly what I'm looking for. And he lipo's the entire back and that's included in the price ($8999). I believe that I've made the best decision for me and I hope I get what I'm looking for. If not, it's too late now because I have the room and everything booked and its non-refundable.
Where are you staying at? I heard there's a recovery house in Florida it's $100 a night with meals included.
I'm stayin at trump national doral it's 35 mins away from the surgery center. I got a really good deal on Priceline name your price($60/night). There were hotels closer at that price but they weren't places I would stay at. I had to get a hotel because my family is coming with me.
Welcome to SalamaNation!!! I'm Aug 29th and can't effing wait--YA HEARD ME!!! And u not the only one who BBL's all day, I look at so much ass Im pratically an assologist now! LOL

Nervous

I know that my sx date isn't until 3 months from now but I'm nervous and scared about flying on an airplane. I've never been on a plane before and that is my biggest fear ever! I'm not only scared because I'm afraid of crashing I'm scared because that thing is huge! Do anyone have any recommendations as to what airlines I should fly with and how I can get discounts because I have to buy 4 tickets?

Also...

Does anyone know if dr Salama uses a medical ventilator during sx because Im nervous about being put under anesthesia as well and I want to make sure that the ventilator will be breathing for me.
Good Luck love on your journey I pray strength,health and happy healing over you in advance!! Muah
Thank you mamacita! And I will be continuously praying for you as well!
I have no idea what he uses but I came out fine. He has a great medical staff on hand.He is an amazing dr. I know once I got the iv put in and they put the mask on, I was out.

I wasn't going to say anything until after

I wasn't going to update my profile again until after my sx because I have been so undecicive. But I've changed my doctor again. I have majority anxiety about flying its to the point where I have panic attacks and I obsess about them. Idk how I ever thought I would be able to go to atlanta or Miami for sx because I can't fly and I surely can't ride in a car that long. So I have secretly switched to cortes in Houston. I'm from Houston but I stay in dallas which is about 3 1/2 hrs away. I can ride in an SUV to Houston. My sx date is weeks away (9/9/13). I'm praying for excellent results and a safe recovery.
I wasn't gonna pay Dr J more money for what Cortes can do better for less. You see Cortes work on women that have lost there shape imagine how you will look when you have some SHAPE.
Great choice Dr Cortes is good
Good choice :) The reason i didnt choose jimerson is because he dosent do aggresive lipo like cortes does...Cortes has 8 years of experience doing BBL's and so far most of my fat survived...oh and besides my ass i loooove my hips

During my consultation with Dr. Cortes he told me that I needed to gain about 15 lbs for the results I was looking for. I was totally against the idea of me gaining any weight because I felt like I'm already fat enough. Now that I'm 11 days away from surgery I want to start gaining weight. SMH...I've been doing everything I can to gain weight. I know this isn't the healthy way to do it but I'm eating a lot of carbs and drinking lots of milk. IDK what else to do. Any suggestions?

I'm 8 days away

My surgery is in 8 days and I'm so obsessing over it. I leave Dallas for My home town (Houston) on Friday for my pre op at 4:30. I don't think that I gained 15 lbs but I hope that I have enough fat for dr. Cortes to use and give me a phat ass lol. I have already booked my room so I'm pretty much set. I will upload a pic of my current size.

Recent pics

Happy healing and i'll be praying for you!
Thank you so much!
Good Luck!! I cant wait to see our results, your going to look great!!

Pre op

So yesterday was my pre op with the hospital and dr. Cortes. The hospital was very nice and the staff were awesome. I've been admitted to this hospital about 3 years ago but I don't remember the hospital being that nice and it may be because I was in the emergency room only. My pre op with dr. Cortes went well although I didn't meet with him. I met with Deanna because dr. Cortes was still in surgery and I understood that because I would want him to spend extra time on me if I needed it. They scheduled me to see him at the Houston office at 9:00 am but I forgot about so that's my fault. Deanna answered most of my questions though. And I will talk to dr. Cortes before surgery about my results so they can be fresh in his mind. 2 more days!!!
omg!!! Girl I would be so crazy righ tnow if I was you. Do it feel unreal? Whats going thru your mind right now? Im so freakin happy for you!!!!!!
Thanks hun...! I'm really not freaking out yet lol. I think it's going to hit me the day of. I just went to pick up my meds about 2 hours ago. I may have trouble sleeping tomorrow night but right now I'm playing it cool.
ok. My be the day of. I guess your right..lol Well good luck any how ( still happy for you )

On my way

It's 5:00 am and I'm on my way to the hospital now. I'm getting a little nervous. It's really starting to hit me that I'm really about have this surgery... omg!!! #PrayingForSafetyAndGreatResults
Good luck chica!!!
Prayers up.You will be fine.
Praying for u

Thanks!

Thanks for all your prayers! Everything went well and I can't wait to see my results. I will post pics when I feel better. Right now I feel like I'm packed between a ton of bricks. I'm not going to lie its very painful and I've had 3 other surgeries before this by far is the most painful. I think it's worth it though!
Thank you God for another successful SX outcome! Congratulations bby gurl yes it does HURTTTTTTT!...HAPPY healing!
Im so happy everything went well.Post when you feel better. Get you some rest.
I'm glad all went well!!

Here's a peak

My mom does not take good pics but here's a peak.

I'm still in a lot of pain

I still have a lot of pain my legs feels heavy but I'm doing better. April my nurse called dr. Cortes because none of the pain meds were helping so he put me on norco. It didn't make that much of a difference. My left leg has not woke up yet still! Ugh...! I'm trying to keep positive and think of my results. The nurse noticed that he put more padding on me than usual so I'm going to ask him about that today. I went to the bathroom twice and it was painful!!! The nurses said I'm doing really good because a lot of women get nauseated or start crying because of the pain but I'm trying to be a soldier. I will post more pics when my sister comes.
Get some rest and drink plenty of water to flush everything out and dtink plenty of pineapple juice "LOOK
At your beautiful nu you!!!
Congrats hunn

Wow!!

I swear I told my mom that I had a dream that dr. Cortes came to see me and offered to take some pics of me and what do you know... He did omg! That was the freakiest thing ever!!! Here are the pics he took!
Nice!!! Wait till your booty fluffs out :)

P.S.

I got 100cc to each hip and 1400cc in each Butt cheek.
Nice booty!
Thanks!!!
1400cc iz a big booooty!!!

Walking

I did some walking today and that relieved my pain a lot!!! I still have pain but its not excruciating like it was at first. Also dr cortes ordered me a steroid and a nerve medication which helped a lot as well. Now I'm ready to leave this hospital right now.
HEART2HEART BBY GURL HE DID THAT!! DID U REQUEST A HEART SHAPE? AWESOME BBY GURL!
What I did was showed him a pic of what I wanted and he took it from there.
I will post the pic I showed him.

Picture I showed cortes right before sx

Happy healing Doll! That booty is looking quite plump! Keep walking!
I'm walking 10-15 every 2 hours. I have to because I want to release some of this stiffness.
Its a roller coaster u have ur good n bad days! ! Happy healin make sure to take all ur meds

???

I'm not sure about my projection because when I look at my body in the mirror the front looks really curved like an hourglass but for some reason my booty looks wide only. Do you guys think the projection will show a significant increase?
Girl you got 1400cc's try not to worry so much. I know its hard but you have to be patient. Once all that swelling goes down and you start to fluff youll see it. Your body will continue to change for the better withi the next 3 months. Xoxo
Your swollen boo. There is no way anyone can get 1400cc and dont end up with a fatty patty. So much fat back there...those cheeks dont no what to do with it...lol
You're right...thanks!!!

I'm a mess...

I'm becoming a nervous wreck because I just keep thinking thoughts such as what if I'm developing blood clots because my left leg/hip is so crazy stiff with pain numbness and soreness. And I was only able to pee twice today. Also I'm scared because I didn't have a drain put in. I talked to dr cortes today and he stated that he doesn't think I'm getting blood clots and he puts drain on some patients and other he don't. The chest pain is most likely gas/indigestion. I feel so stupid for calling his after hour line for my issues. I just wanted some reassurance that everything will be okay. Because the nurses at the hospital was like this is unusual and that had me shaken up. Did anyone else excessive pain in one hip and didn't pee that much?
How you feelin Ma Ma?
Hey sis, just checking on you. How are you feeling today?
Hey I'm feeling the same way I felt yesterday But dr cortes has prescribed me some medication that should help with the pain.

Update 4 days post op

Dr. Cortes called in some more prescriptions for me. 2 were to provide relief from the pain of my nerves in my hips and leg. He also switched my pain meds to hydrocodone. All of those meds combined certainly gave me a lot of relief and I feel much better. I do feel like I've gotten more swollen but its more of a stiffness rather than a pain. I just can't wait until I fully heal and I'm frustrated because my daddy has not been much of a help. He just told me that I'm putting him and my mom through too much. Mind you that before sx Deanna said that I would be in a lot of pain and someone would need to be with me all the time. First of all I never invited him to come along with us to Houston. I asked only my mom and she has been caring for me without a problem because she understands the pain that I was in. It was excruciating and nothing gave me any relief it was horrible. I was literally in tears and This idiot is selfish and inconsiderate. And for the most part I was doing everything for myself since day 2 like going to the bathroom by myself, walking around by myself, and getting everything for myself. Basically I've been self sufficient and only asks for help when absolutely needed. I wish he would've just stayed in dallas because he is not helping my healing process being here. But it's okay because now that I actually feel better i don't think I need anyone's help for anything.
Sorry to hear about your Dad--it must be frustrating and probably hurts too---hopefully having such a supportive mom balances things out some--wishing you a very speedy recovery
Just read belong--I'm sure that feels better.....
Yes it does balance everything and I hope I heal very quickly. Thanks for the encouragement!

Post-op appt

Today was my post op appt. so dr. Cortes says its nothing he can do about the pain in my hip he says I will have to be patient and give it some time. I really feel like the pain is my muscle in butt and hips are contracted. I was thinking maybe he could prescribe me a muscle relaxer but he didn't and its okay because I have muscle relaxers at home so I can take one Monday because that's when we are going to be leaving houston. Omg that garment! Putting the new garment on was so painful because my legs won't close due to my hips and Deanna had to force them together to get the garment on. I was literally screaming and in tears. Idk how I'm going to get this off to shower. I hope these hips loosen up really soon...!
Hey Doll I will definetly be praying for you! I know it's easier said than done, but try not to stress and give it a lil time! God Bless!
looking good! happy healing!
Girl I so sorry you having so many issues. Ill be praying for you. :(

Day 9 post op

I'm feeling better. The pain has decreased significantly its more of a soreness and heaviness now. I hope to continue to get better day by day.
Looking great upside dwn heart u rocking!
Look at you! !!!
Happy healing to you Hun. I hope you start feeling better soon.

Side view

So some of you guys wanted to see a side view so I posted a pic of it. I'm not too thrilled about the projection I hope it will be more prominent when the swelling goes down. If it doesn't idk what to do because that's important to me.
looking good...happy healing!
happy healing! u look great he did a good job. I'm curious to know how your abdomen looks. I also have stretch marks n curious how the Lipo affects the abdomen.
You look great!

Itching like crazy

Okay so I know it's normal to be itchy after surgery but I'm wondering if its okay for me to scratch my butt because its itches too. I don't want to affect my results hope its not TMI. If so, sorry....I'm going for my first massage today. A little nervous but hopefully I will feel a lot better afterwards.
Check your inbox.
Happy Healing! I had bbl in 2010 in Mexico and now I'm ready for round 2 and really want to stay in the states this go round. Cortes is my first choice as of now. I look forward to hearing more about your recovery and your final results.
Benadryl is good for the itching. I think I also read that either using aloe vera or arnica gel also helps with the itching.

New pics

Happy healing! It's a tough journey but worth it in the end.. I have concerns about my projection as well hopefully it gets better after fluffing!
Thanks! Yes it is a very tough journey. I do hope its worth it. Only time will tell.
I posted a question on my page titled "Help! Whats the 411 on garments massage?".... No one has responded yet. I was reaching out to all the girls that have had the BBL done already to see if I can get an answer. Well your one of the lucky ones. Can you assist by answering my questions on my page?

Updated review

Still in occasional pain yesterday was very hard for me. I need a new garment because the one I have is not compressing as it should and it does not go bellow the knee and I have a lot of swelling in my knees. I still can't close my legs because of the hip thing (which is probably swelling) I am doing much better though. I understand its a process. As far as my results my butt has gone down some I'm praying that my results stay being something that I'm proud of and not a waste of my entire savings. Projection from the side is getting a little better but sometimes I feel just wide. I try my best to stay out the mirror and focus on recovery because results come after healing. It's a roller coaster though...
Hi hun from what i see, you look great! how long was your waiting from the time you had put a deposit down for Dr cortes???
Girl I just had my lps and fat in my butt it huart so bad
Just checking on ya;) How ya doing sis?

How I'm feeling

So today I woke up feeling really bad mentally and physically. I have really been having a hard time being happy with my results. The first week I was satisfied but as the swelling is going down and I'm loosing volume I have found myself to be unhappy. It's not because of dr cortes because he put 1400 cc in each cheek but it's because of the way my body is absorbing the fat and taking shape. My butt is not as round as I had hoped and I have totally lost a lot of volume. From the back and front it looks good but the sides are not doing much justice for me at all. But I'm realizing that it's not my butt that's the issue it's the girl inside. Do I wish I could've had better results? Yes. But until I work on the girl on the inside I will never feel any better. I will be optimistic and keep the faith. There will be no round twos but I'm looking forward to doing squats and toning up. Maybe my butt will fluff out? Idk what that is but I see that on some ppl blog. Pray for me and I'll be praying for you.
Hang in there girl. Im sorry
I'm ok hun. Things will get better I believe it. Once I'm able to get out and about and get back to my "norm" I'm believing God will give me some joy.
Thanks love!

Almost 4 weeks post op!

So I wanted to give an update on my progress. Yesterday I went to Houston for my second post op appt. I woke Friday morning my body was getting rounder, starting to drop, and getting fuller! So I was already getting happy about that. Then yesterday dr cortes said that I'm going to look really good and that my butt is going to get even rounder and be more prominent when the swelling goes down. He said I have a lot of swelling in my back and abdomen so he gave me those cortisone shots to help bring the swelling down. Shout out to Mariel too because she helped me to get into a smaller garment which has helped a lot with the pain and swelling already. The reason my garment was so big is because when we were trying on my garment at my 1st post op visit it was so painful for me to close my legs to get the garment up because of that hip thing I had going on. I was literally screaming and crying with tears and Deanna didn't want me to have to go through that again so she kept me in the xlarge. Now I'm in a medium. Big help! I told dr cortes how I had been feeling about my results (I was in love, then not so in love, and starting to love it again) and he said that is normal. And Mariel said it may happen again but like dr cortes said its normal and I will love the results again. It's a roller coaster but It was a big help seeing them yesterday.
XL to a medium! You go girl!!! & you look great! Glad Dr. Cortes informed you like that. Can be very consoling while going through the body morphing;) I'm scheduled now! Nov. 5th! Only a month away with Dr. Schulman;) Thanks again for your prayers love! Keep it up cuz I'm on the ride of my life at the moment! Anxiety is no joke! I've taken my own dang advice & meditated for a bit.... Pray & trust!
Wow that literally a few weeks away! Congrats. I most definitely will keep praying for you and I'm trusting and believing that you will have a safe recovery and your outcome will be what you were asking for.

Woke this a.m. Looked in the mirror

Looking even better girl. BIG improvement girl. I know you krunk about that...lol So how do you feel about your projection now? Is it better. I cant really tell from the pix because you dont have a pic from the side?
Still loving the booty. how is your stomach? is there anyway we can see a pic of your stomach from the front?
WOW!! you look amazing. I have a question. When did you go back to work? have you started using a boppy pillow? and if you have used it when did you start using it? I have a desk job. I have to sit down at some point.

Update

Hello RS it feels like it's been a while so here's an update. I'm starting to get used to the new me and loving my results. Finally!!! I went back to work last Saturday and everybody was like damn girl you fine lol!! My boyfriend is in love...with my ass of course! I get stares from men and women. The only complaint I have is that I just wish he could've lipo'd my armpits because I hate my armpit fat ugh. I'm just going to have to hit that gym and work those arms out. I'm still having pain though and idk if that's normal. I wake up feeling like day one but when I start to get moving I feel ok. Also I can't stay on my feet long or my ankles will start to swell. Other than that I'm doing good. I think that choosing dr cortes was an excellent choice. He's awesome at his craft!
Did you fly in or were you close to him
How you been doing? Love you curves! Congrats
Aww beep beep....Aww toot toot.. Now thats what im talking about! Get it girl. Lookin good ma ma.. Thank you for sharing your story. A lot of people have their surgery take a pic or two and dip out. We never hear from them again. means a lot that you can back to us, even tho it seemed like for ever....lmao
Houston Plastic Surgeon

I'm going with Dr. Cortes because it just makes sense for me and he has really good results as well without a crazy long wait.