Should I Go for It?

Hey everyone, I'm a 17 year old girl who has...

Hey everyone,
I'm a 17 year old girl who has struggled with acne since I was 13 years old. At first my acne was terrible - not cystic acne and it didn't scar, I just had lots of little red bumps on my forehead and spots literally all over my face. I was extremely self-conscious about it to the point that I didn't want to go out with my friends, made worse by the fact that they all had pretty much flawless skin. So I battled with it for 2 years and BAM! I thought I found my cure in the form of Roaccutane/Accutane so i went on a 3 month course and was amazed at the results! no spots, no greasy skin and a great glow, so as you can imagine I was pretty happy. Then I went off it and the acne crept back into my life... So basically, since that summer when I first when on Roaccutane I have had two more courses and guess what? It hasn't worked on completely stopping my acne from returning. THE FRUSTRATION! so to cut the story short, I have been recommended the Isolaze treatment. I have read many of the reviews and have been scared by the ones that speak of acne worsening, I don't think I could cope with that! My skin is very sensitive and prone to hyperpigmentation from old acne so i'm worried the treatment will inflame it. So the big question is DO I HAVE THE ISOLAZE TREATMENT? would be great to hear your opinions!
Oh also, my first treatment is this Thursday and I have a very important social event next Friday so would be devastated if my acne got worse before then!

My dermatologist

I'm so glad you are on here doing your research - so smart of you!! I've dealt with acne the majority of my life, so fully understand where you are coming from.

Since you have an important event coming up, have you considered pushing off your treatment until after the event? At least then you wouldn't have to deal with the stress of "What if this makes things worse?" before your event.

One might look on the isolaz web site for a local provider then "interview" them and then ask to see THEIR results. I only use photos on my patients.