Horrible Painful Burns - Sunset Beach, CA

I had Ipl and I was burned so badly. I was in a...

I had Ipl and I was burned so badly. I was in a lot of pain during the procedure and had told the technician multiple times during the procedure that it was painful and burning. Immediately after finishing it became clear that I was burned. multiple people came in and tried to assure me that I was fine and I had the perfect skin and not to worry I would be perfect in a week. The next morning I had huge blisters on my face and open weeping burns. I immediately went back and they still tried to tell me I would be fine in a week. Well, it has been over 2 months and my blisters and burns are still not healed. I am very sad that this has happened and the spa I choose was negligent and clearly had the IPL way to high . My face is permanently damaged.
I no longer have open wounds, however I have ugly scars on both sides of my face as well as red blotches. The texture of my skin has changed. My skin feels like leather. The elasticity is no longer there. I look as though my face is 10 years older. This was such a horrible experience. I pray that nobody else goes here or would ever have to suffer through this.
All these lasers should be banned. I'm sorry, I cannot believe they did that to you. Please get a lawyer!

Update :(

Pics

New pics. I have make up on, but I still can't cover it up
Sorry to read about your experience. I've never had an ipl, but based on what I've read about it, it can be quite risky. Your skin has improved a bit though since your treatment, which is a least a good thing. Sometimes when I get a burn, I apply rosehip seed oil mixed with a few drops of lavender and helichrysum essential oil to it to soothe and regenerate the skin. Maybe you can try using that to see if it'll fade away the scar. I should let u know it takes some time to see the benefits from those oils, especially if you start it a while after you started having the burn. Hope all will be well!
Sorry to hear of your experience. While what they did was straight up RIDICULOUSLY BAD, you healed beautifully for the amount of damage that was there. Doesn't mean you don't still have scars, but the end result could have been much worse given how bad those burns were. I really do not understand WHY providers would even want to try using aggressive settings. I am thinking that there is no disincentive for them to be careful - few people make a real stink or sue. Many providers also seem to think it is their mission to bullshit you. I am horrified that they were telling you it was fine. They were burning you and should've called a frickin' ambulance to get you to the hospital!
OOps I meant "incentive." There are obviously "disincentives" to them being careful, which I think consumers need to get mad about and demand change.
Dermfx