Horrible Painful Burns - Sunset Beach, CA

I had Ipl and I was burned so badly. I was in a...

I had Ipl and I was burned so badly. I was in a lot of pain during the procedure and had told the technician multiple times during the procedure that it was painful and burning. Immediately after finishing it became clear that I was burned. multiple people came in and tried to assure me that I was fine and I had the perfect skin and not to worry I would be perfect in a week. The next morning I had huge blisters on my face and open weeping burns. I immediately went back and they still tried to tell me I would be fine in a week. Well, it has been over 2 months and my blisters and burns are still not healed. I am very sad that this has happened and the spa I choose was negligent and clearly had the IPL way to high . My face is permanently damaged.

Update :(

I no longer have open wounds, however I have ugly scars on both sides of my face as well as red blotches. The texture of my skin has changed. My skin feels like leather. The elasticity is no longer there. I look as though my face is 10 years older. This was such a horrible experience. I pray that nobody else goes here or would ever have to suffer through this.

Pics

New pics. I have make up on, but I still can't cover it up
Dermfx

My heart goes out to you, we live in a society where it's all about looking younger which is quite heart wrenching in itself, I was looking up this treatment and thanks to you I would go any where near it. Please seek legal help and sue the back sides off them. You will get more money in damages as they have permanently disfigured you. Do not let this go you only have 3 years from when it happened the sooner you take action the better. Good luck sweetie x
Like I said in a comment on another review-I just don't understand why they blast the face with really high settings and risk this kind of damage. I know you say make-up doesn't cover it but have you tried camouflage make-up? I have some really good stuff that I got from the Red Cross but I'm in the UK so you might not be able to get the exact type that I have but you could get another type of camouflage make-up. If you have lumpy scars it might make them look worse texture wise, but if you have just red places that are flat then the camouflage make-up will take the redness away pretty much 100%.
It looks like straight up negligence to me. But it really doesn't matter if the person performing the laser procedure is a qualified doctor. I've talked with people who were laser damaged by very qualified doctors. There's too many variables with these lasers. There needs to be way more warnings about this. I don't think they'll tell you the full truth because who would really go through with it if they told you. They downplay it. It's all about the almighty dollar. If they do know about the negative side effects then shame shame on them.
please go see a lawyer and hopefully get funding so you can fix this. i pray you'll be okay and wish you love, joy, peace and healing
LN1957 here, to clear things, I had this done at My Body Anew in Tomball, Texas
I had this treatment done, did remove all dark spots temporarily. But the technician did close to my eyes and now I feel like underneath my eyes are more wrinkled and loose and no elasticity as before. I am 56 years old and yes I am getting wrinkles and I had been doing botox which really helped but after the IPL I felt my under eye wrinkles were horrible. I went back to get botox and it did not help at all. I seriously believe it was from the IPL, of course I asked them about it and they said they had never heard of this..right!
I am so sorry for what happened to you honey. I'm about 8 hours out from having a full - face Sciton BBL Treatment to remove freckles and red spots. Now I have a burn on the left side of my cheek. The technician who did my treatment did two passes at 16, which went well even though it was terribly painful. The doctor then came in and decided to up the setting to 20 and burned my cheek. He told me it isn't a "scar burn" but right now it's completely purple and swollen. I think these doctors should do test patches to see how your skin responds before doing the entire face.
I pray you are ok and your burn heals. Be careful please !!!
If you need help I as well went there and am suffering from severe fat loss loss of elasticity and weird skin texture. I went to the red headed lady there and I'm only 31 and looking into having a mid face lift. This is nuts. I can't believe this place is still open. I told my friend about this and he said his mom sued them a while back. I wish I would have known this before I went there. I haven't even posted new stuff on here because I'm miserable.
I am miserable and I am tired of them not stepping up and taking responsibility for being reckless. It is not okay and I am not sitting around silent any longer!! I hope and pray you feel better soon. It is so saddening And frustrating to go through this
Thank you so much. It is frustrating and things like this should never happen. These people work with lasers everyday. You would think they would know how deep they can go before a burn happens. They want to see me again next Wednesday to check and see how I'm healing. I'm going to demand my money back for this treatment and find another doctor. I'm so scared I will be left with a scar or discolored skin.
I wish you the best of luck. I am realizing it doesn't take much education or training to be given a laser and to be allowed to work on patients. It is appalling .
Go see a lawyer and maybe get funding for treatments that will fix this. I hope you succeed
sounds like they aren't truly qualified to work with the equipment
I tried to sue...its.almost.impossible to sue for.mal practice...I tried and llawyer wanted the case because of the cost..doctors have the best attys and money to wear you down..even my doctors never admitted connection of my rsd with the laser..by i know 100% all pain and burning started with the ipl that burned my nerves...nerves are very delicate and they can run any pathway through your body..I can't even talk about it anymore..karma
I am so sorry to hear what you are going through. I feel your pain. It is so frustrating and upsetting when they will not fix you after they have caused so much reckless damage
are you able to find a lawyer that does no win no fee? or, grab yourself some law books and represent yourself. seriously - what judge would look at your before and after photos and not believe you? best of luck
I tried to sue...its.almost.impossible to sue for.mal practice...I tried and no lawyer wanted the case because of the cost..doctors have the n
Yes, it is difficult to sue but that is not going to stop me! I want everyone to know how dangerous this can be. Dermfx needs to take responsibility for scaring my face and for me having to go through all of this mess. If nobody stands up to them, they will continue to sweep every bad treatment under the rug and expect you to just go away.
find as many people as you can and do a group case if possible
Hi and sorry to hear all these stories. I had one VBeam procedure done for broken caps on my nose and cheek. What a mistake. I should've done my homework. My left cheek was damaged. Hurt like hell too. I told her it was hurting but she said that it was normal. I went back and told her that she damaged my skin with the laser and it turned into a shouting match. She said she'd been doing laser for 10 years with all great results. Yeah right. I filed a report with the FDA and left a few reviews online that mysteriously disappeared. One that disappeared was on Yelp. Had my procedure done at a great hospital too so I thought I was in good hands and put my trust in her. A friend said to me "I didn't know you had acne scars". That's when the red flags went up for me because I always had really good thick skin. No major acne and no real scars to speak of. Talk about a life changing experience. These lasers should be banned. Seems like they let anyone use them. It's a joke. There's hardly any information about the damage these things can do unless you stumble onto a site like this looking for answers after it's too late. Makes me very angry. It's all about the money.
I also told my girl that it was burning and she said it was normal. I am in the middle of the process with my attorney. I am going to follow your lead and file complaints with the FDA as well as the State Medical Board and the BBB
I also suffered nerve damage and developed.RSD from the burned nerves..she went too deep and too high..new girl..I believe I was her first patient or victim..she was a.bitch too with her attitude..rolling her eyes..when I told her I was burning and my face was.on fire.. .
I am so.sorry..I.too was burned ..and it was too high..I felt it right away and jumped..she told me not to move again.then I nervously sat there in pain which each pulse..I smelled.burning skin too..I asked her what the setting was and she said 44..I believe that is extemely high..also they knew I had sensitive.skin..I had them before with good.results.. I told her she burned me..I told her then what would you call it..she said that she went more agressive to to go deeper in bc of pigments..and next time she would.not go as high..I laughed and said next time??? Sorry but I'm not a guinea pig .
If you came away with burns and damage that can't be healed why are you writing reviews instead of (or in addition to) suing these people. There is no excuse for inefficiency like that or for them to go on and do this to other people !!