Sun Damage As a Side Effect to Micro-dermabrasion and Glycolic Peels?

I had a consulation with a nurse as I was...

I had a consulation with a nurse as I was concerned about forhead wrinkles and crows feet. I was recommended a 6 week course of micro-dermabrasion with glycolic facial peel.

I spent a couple of hours sitting in the sun in the garden a few weeks after my last micro-derm and glycolic peel. When I came in I had a large mottled brown patch of skin on both cheeks. I returned to the clinic I had the treatment who said it was hyper-pigmentation caused by the sun. I've googled micr-derm and realised that this can be a side effect. The clinic have sold me a furter 6 micro-derm and glycholic peel sessions to restore my skin colour. So far I've had 3 with little effect.

I only ever had one treatment of microdermabrasion and still have extreme sensitivity to sun and pigmentation.I have tried to find something that can heal this reaction but have not been able to find anything. It has been 3 years since this treatment. If you have advice please leave a comment. Thank-you
A glycolic peel is a pretty serious treatment. The esthetician should have made a clear point that there are certain precautions that must be taken after the treatment. We must treat all clients as though they have not a clue. Most clients do not. They are not trained in our profession. No sun, use an spf all the time and you must moisturize a lot. We are dealing with fresh sensitive skin. Always use a licenced esthetician for these type of treatments. The dermatologist more than likely has an esthetician on staff with the same products on hand. Better safe than sorry.

Hi Tony,

Thanks for the info. Can we assume that you are a esthetician?

Thanks,

-Britt

I wasn't made aware of potenial side effects.