Dental Implants - Sun City West, AZ

My three tooth bridge failed after 20 years. I had...

My three tooth bridge failed after 20 years. I had two back lower implants done. One molar had to be removed. The surgery was vertually painless with very little swelling. I only had minor discomfort.

Phoenix Cosmetic Dentist

Everything was fully explained prior to the surgery and I found Dr. Kammeyer and his staff to be very professional and friendly. When I was ready to have the crowns done Dr. Kammeyer followed up and met with my family dentist so there was a smooth transition of care.

-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

I am so glad to hear getting your implants wasn't painful. How many visits did it take to complete them?

1 visit for the implants and 2 follow-ups.

Did you have the crown placed at one of the follow-ups, or is that yet to come?

The dentist I used only does the implants. I looked at the one stop dentists who do it all but felt that implant surgery is a speciality in itself and wanted a dentist who whose practice focused on that. It takes 4-6 months strong bone healing to occur and I needed to be within a certain range of his testing before he authorized the crown placements. I had the implant in August then saw him in 2 weeks following surgery then again in January and at that time the bone healing was within range for the crowns to be placed. I went to my regular dentist and will have the crowns put on this week. Of course there is a separate charge from my regular dentist for the 2 crowns. Implants and crowns are costly but to me it was well worth it. I want to have a full set of teeth.

Thanks for sharing all that info, and I agree for those who can afford to do implants they are well worth it. I would love it if you would come back and tell us how things go when you get the crowns placed.