73 Years Old - 4 Years Since My Last Treatment - Summerfield, FL

I had restalaine injections when I was 69 years...

I had restalaine injections when I was 69 years old (fisrt photo) when I was on a cruise ship. The procedure was painless and I never had any bruising or swelling. The first photo was taken 3 days after the injections. I just had the procedure again done by a doctor and as you can see, there is significant swelling and bruising. I can barely smile and I have pain going up to my right eye and nerve twitching on my right side. In short, I am miserable. I have posted a photo without makeup and one with makeup, trying to hide the bruising. Because my cheeks are swollen, my eyes look distorted. I have had many medical problems during the ensuind 4 years - coronary artery bypass surgery, multiple pulmonary emboli in both lungs, paraplegia from a stroke in my spinal cord (very rare) and several stents. It has aged me a bit, but I still looked very young for a 73 year old woman. I feel as though I now look every bit of my 73 years. I'll post again in another few weeks to see how I look when the swelling goes down. The present doctor used 1 syringe and 1/2 of another.

Looking Better

This photo was taken on March 28, 2014 and I look much better. However, the right lower side of my face has a deep fold when I smile. I did not have that in my profile photo which was taken 2 years ago. Hmmmmm?????
Sr. Han

I never met him until he came into the procedure room with the syringes. His name is Dr. Han.

Wow! You sure don't look 73! Lovely lady!! Have you ever had any other type filler?
I had Botox near the outer edges of my eyes in 2011 and two weeks later, I got Bell's Palsy. Half of my face drooped down for three months.
You look extremely lovely for 73 yrs - hope it just gets better & better :-)
God bless you. You look GREAT.
Thanks. Not too bad for 73!
Ouch those bruises look painful.  I hope everything gets better for you soon.  Have you called your doctor to ask about your pain and slow healing?
No. I will post another photo in about one week. The swelling is gone, but I think that I look the same as I did before the injections.