Nose Job w/Dr. Nguyen(Sugarland Face and Body) - Sugar Land, TX

..................I've got three weeks to go but...

..................I've got three weeks to go but the nerves are starting to set it. I'm more scared than excited right now. I hope everything comes out as expected...I'm doing this because i think it will help me get out of my shell and feel more confident......
confident about my looks and not be so shy. I hope its worth it.

4 Days Post-Op

My cast was taken off today and I am already starting to love the results, even with the swelling. I think Dr. Nguyen gave me a handsome nose, I am very optimistic for the next few months.

BEFORE picture

This was a profile view prior to surgery, notice the bump.

3 months post op

My nose is a lot smaller...love it.

A couple of days after the cast came off.

This is another photo a few days after the cast was removed.
Sugar Land Plastic Surgeon

Im basically satisfied with my experience with this doctor and his office, but I have to admit, his office is really glitzy, i tend to prefer a more clinic-style setting. His staff was decent but some of them were hard to communicate with, or seemed disinterested, im not going to put a name on here but there was one girl that I had to deal with that was pretty rude and snobby, the office manager was really nice (I think her name was lea) and was willing to accommodate me during the process. Dr Nguyen was nice and had good bedside manner.

I can definatley see a difference! It looks good. Don't let other peoples opinions affect you. I think your face looks proportional. You shouldn't do anything to extreme. Have you only had the nose job?
No, but since then I have had two other surgeries- Chin Implant and fat injections to cheeks. Im still somewhat, but no completely, unsatisfied with the results. I just cant help feeling like my nose could look a little better, my chin could be stronger, and my cheeks could be fuller and more contoured. *sighs*. I think im going to lay off the surgery for a while...it always leaves you feeling empty at times, especially the days and weeks after the procedure. I wonder if other people feel the same? I feel like im in this alone...nobody really supports my decisions to have surgery, nobody understands, i always get awkward looks and raised eyebrows from co-workers and family. im just glad i can come on here. Yall understand and are supportive.
Yeah I know people have to many negative opinions about plastic surgery. I think whatever makes a person more happy they should do it. The people I told said I didn't need it (of course they would say that). I would never let other people persuade me to change my mind. I wanted a chin implant for over 5 years and I was set to finally have it done. Can you upload an updated pic? Thanks! I love this blog too. I hope my story helps people make their decisions.
You Look good. All you lack is confidence ;) a little of that will get u anywhere you want to go
Thanks, but i wish I could feel that way about my appearance, hopefully soon though. Im planning on getting alot more surgeries within the next year, the only reason im going back to school is so I can get a job that will allow me to afford all of the surgery. im determined...lol. I just have this image inside of my head of how I want to look and I dont want to stop until it is a reality. I think the PS i have now understands my goals and he has pretty affordable rates. I shown him a picture of a celeb that I want to look like (Christian Bale) and i feel like me and him are working together to achieve it, as a team.
it might take years and years for me to achieve that goal, but i think its possible, i might not be able to look exactly like him, but i think if i play my cards right, i can come pretty close. Ive been studying his face and looking at mine at the same time to see what needs to be done. So far i think im def going to need an eyebrow transplant/restoration, hair transplant, tip refinement (as i stated), brow bone shaving, neck lipo. Im not too concerned with how my body looks, all i care about is from the neck up. People call me crazy or tell me i need to spend that money on therapy, but...that doesnt change anything, i have a goal in my head and I want to achieve it. The money is obviously an issue, considering I dont make that much doing what i do now, but im good at saving.
Ok, I guess i need to come on here and apologize if and when somebody might stumble upon this thread, obviously April was a pretty bad month for me financially and emotionally and I guess I didnt use better judgement before writing some of these comments. I wish I could delete some of them but its done. Im pretty satisfied with the overall outcome of my nose job but and even though its alot better than what i stated with, i still think there is room for improvement. Im thinking about going under a second time to have some more of the tissue on the tip removed because in all honsetly it still looks too round and bulbous for me, I want it to be more defined and chiseled i guess. But im kind of scared that my nose might collapse or something...i dunno. Im going to wait it out and see, i havent made up my mind completely.
thanks, im still not sure if I like it, I just don't see that much of a change sometimes, only when I look in the mirror up close do I see a noticeable difference, nobody else has really noticed or could tell I had anything done...looking back now I still think 6500 dollars was pretty steep, ya know? Just for a nose? I could of bought a car...
It just really hurts when I ask people if I look different and they tell me I don't : ( It feels like a waste of money and time. If I put half of the energy I did saving up the money and obsessing about getting work done this past year into playing guitar and being in a band I would have already done that already...and put out an album. But I mean, this past year Ive been too focused on looking in the mirror and counting down days until I can have surgery that I have given up on guitar entirely. it really sucks, big time.
Congrats! I think your results are very nice!
Hey man, I think your results are pretty fly. If you ask anybody on here there's something about their results they don't like. Andy Griffith used to say "the Wanting is always sweeter than the Having". It's true for me, too. I see something else I don't like every time I walk past a mirror, but my wife and boys and close friends love me and want to spend time with me, so that's enough for me. I second guess my decision all the time, and so does everybody else on here, and nobody will ever live up to the image they have in their head. Be confident and enjoy life as someone nobody else can be but you!
thanks, I dunno...I just want to be somebody else. I don't like who I am...I want to be like those guys in the magazines, ya know? I began reading those at a young age so it had an effect on my brain pretty early on, its something ive always struggled with and the reason why Ive never done anything with my life, because im always looking in the mirror thinking im not good enough.
That was a great comment!
Hey dude. I read your post on another guys chin implant review. You look pretty good dude. I wouldn't be so upset with the results of your surgeries. Don't go focusing on change so much that you lose site of yourself. Don't forget to love yourself dude.
Thanks, but I don't think I look that great, you should see me in person. Ugh, I understand what you are saying, but...that's why im doing this....I 'want' to lose sight of myself, ive never liked me.
I don't want to come across like I'm telling you what to do but if you are having self esteem issues of this kind, maybe councelling is a better idea than surgeries. I've been there and it has helped me. I was a wreck when my wife left me and I did not believe in myself. Just a thought. I wish you luck with everything no matter what you choose to do.
Counseling doesn't make you look better....Ive been to counselors, most are rude and judgmental. And I know im not the only person who feels that way, I've talked to a lot of people in person and online who express the same concerns regarding counseling services, im not saying I don't need counseling, I just don't want it. I'll never put myself in that situation again...to be looked down upon from a complete stranger that you are telling all your problems to. A lot of people forget that counselors are people too and most of them WILL judge you. They are getting paid, most of them care very little about your wellbeing. But I don't blame them, how many times have you stayed awake at night worrying about a complete strangers well being? I think if I look better, all my mental/emotional issues would just dissolve, I wouldn't need meds or any type of counseling. I think good looks can bring happiness. You never see somebody who looks amazing frown...its rare. People who look good always have smiles on their faces, ive noticed it.
I really don't want to sound mean or judgmental cause that is not why I am about to say this...I am only concerned and want to help. I think you should reevaluate your world view. Plenty of "beautiful" people frown and others fake being happy. My Ex could be mistaken for a 26 year old Michelle Pfeiffer (no joke, identical bone structure and features) and she is constantly miserable. Looking perfect doesn't make a person happy, life choices do...and this is coming from a guy who just had a chin implant, so I am not one to judge wanting surgery.
It is true that life choices is partly what makes a person happy. Look at all the famous people that think they "are perfect" yet they are the ones with so many problems. I think we should be happy with ourselfs and if we wanna improve something about ourselfs then go for it but we shouldn't aim for perfection because that is not realistic. No ones perfect. I don't like my nose that much but I would never have any more surgeries. I just wanted to improve my face and balance it out as much as I could with the least extreme procedure. I think we need to be happy with what we have and be appreciative because things could also be worse. My philosophy in life is that I've seen worse and I am grateful for my looks how they are. Lol. I think insecurity is the biggest problem in society. It sucks because people are so judgmental everywhere you go. But we have to not worry about what other people think ! :) Be happy
I think i just had too high of expectations to begin with, but thats just me. I am very detail oriented and I am a perfectionist. I just want to know that i have control over my appearance and i can change it if need be, i dont want genes, or bad genes, to determine that. But its not as easy as I had hoped, i dont know, sometimes i look in the mirror and i honestly dont see that much of a difference in my appearance. I feel like im no better off now than i was a year ago before i started getting surgery. its like....really?
I know, sometimes when i get too consumed with my looks and staring in the mirror i think of all the people who are deformed or have facial burns, it makes me grateful that at least i look somewhat presentable but its not long until those insecurities come creeping back and im in the same boat that i was before, if not worse-feeling not good enough or flawed.
im not getting plastic surgery to be happy, i never ever said that was the reason why i do this. I get surgery because I simply just want to look better, there is no other reason. I dont really care all that much about being happy, i prefer to be neutral as far as my emotions are concerned. And to all the people who think its "wrong" to get plastic surgery--They are stupid. I dont need to explain to anybody why i get plastic surgery, i do it because I want to. Theres nothing wrong with being selfish and wanting things...improving yourself. My mom always says its better to improve internally than externally...I respect what she says, but i dont want to change internally, im fine, I just want to look in the mirror and be in love with what I see. Im vain...but that doesnt make me a bad person.
I know it can consume our thoughts. But don't be to hard on yourself. People are in worse situations like you said. We just have to be happy with how we are improved or not. It can't be perfect.
I think plastic surgery is good in moderation for our self confidence but nothing to extreme.
The results really aren't that great, not worth the 6500 that I paid for it. When I pay that much, I want perfection, ya know? Nothing less. His staff is really snooty, bunch of bimbos. That's all they are...