Mini Ultimate Breast Lift, with 185 Cc Implants - Sugarland, TX

I am starting this post at 9 weeks. Overall, I am...

I am starting this post at 9 weeks. Overall, I am disappointed with the outcome. I have been the ideal post-op patient: I STILL wear my padded bra 24/7; I took my antibiotics as prescribed in the week after surgery; I send photos and updates to Dr. Horndeski at a weekly and/or significant markers (3-6-9 weeks). I eat a macrobiotic diet, I exercise daily (within limits per the upper body). I wear silicone pads 24/7 to reduce scarring.

And, while I will note that he - or Elisa- is certainly ready and willing to discuss my concerns... At this point, I regret not having the traditional breast lift that- yes- would leave an anchor scar. That said, Dr. Horndeski agrees that I need a revision. While he will not charge me his fees for the surgery; the $3,500 surgery center fee would be on me. I am, of course, speaking with him on this issue. Let me retieterate, he has been very responsive to my concerns.

Major issues that I have with my breasts now 9 weeks post-op:
1.) He left more breast tissue on the left breast; therefore, my breasts are uneven.
2.) I am also of the opinion that- especially when the implant is being placed under the muscle- the implants should be inserted where they are intended to be. In my case, my right implant was placed higher than the left. Further, the implants were placed so high under the muscle, the result is very unnatural.
3.) My breasts have not "rounded" out. The implants are extremely high, and the breast tissue beneath has actually "drooped" since the time of surgery. The result: a flattened kidney bean appearance.

My significant other - the only other individual who has seen my breasts in person since the operation- made the comment: "You look as though you've been butchered." After sharing photos of my 6 and 9 week post-op appearance, the family member who cared for me both before and after surgery stated, "I see no improvement in your breasts since week 2 [when the individual last saw my breasts in person]."

As a prologue to my decision to have a breast lift and minimal augmentation:
Like others- I am sure- I went through this timely and costly procedure to improve my body confidence. In my 20's, I was very ill twice. As a result, I dropped weight very quickly (from 110 lbs to 85-88 lbs in 3 weeks). And, as result, my breast volume decreased. At 30, my breasts appeared 20 years older than my age. I felt extremely embarrassed every time that I removed my shirt.

Like many in this community, I did an extensive amount of research. From 2009-2013, I visited over 40 plastic surgeons from Houston, TX to New York City. I felt that many surgeons (ranging in prices and celebrity) treated the female body as an indifferent butcher: scars, manhandling, chop-shop approaches... I went with Dr. Horndeski for a variety of reasons: 1.) Of course, the "scarless" breast lift option. 2.) I convinced myself that his mathematical/ "engineering" approach to the breast would produce a more perfect conclusion/ result. 3.) I preferred to have my surgery performed near a trusted caretaker (family member) per the pre and after care. So, as the story goes with so many others, he "amazingly" fit me into his busy schedule: I fly in from NYC on Sunday. Meet with him on Monday. Enter the OR on Tuesday.

Week 11- I've begun to wear a compression strap along woth silicon pad bra inserts.

Not the best quality photo; but it illustrates that the breasts have- aesthetically grown worse.

Dr. Horndeski asked if I'd considered using a compression strap to push the implants down.

I purchased one online. I am now using the strap in combination with a massive push up bra and silicone pad inserts. My breasts and shoulders hurt.
Texas Plastic Surgeon

The Biggest mistake I ever made was trusting Dr Hondeski he did a chop job on my breasts too & tries to tell you he doesn't know what he can do , he can quit taking peoples money for one & get honest
Dr. H was on my consideration list, but after seeing your results, along with a few others, I have crossed him off. I hope your results improve!
Hey how are the straps working out?
Thank you so much for posting your review it had helped me with my decision to NOT move forward with Dr H as I was scheduled for September 25!!! I hope you can at least get a full refund!!! Best wishes to you
I am very sorry for what you are going through. This is terrible and I agree with you, as much as the anchor lift will result in more scarring, that's what I am going for to avoid any dissatisfaction. Hope it works out for you!!
Wow! I was literally sitting here waiting on my phone call consultation with the doctor and decided to EXCITEDLY look at more reviews. These pictures and this story has stopped me dead in my tracks and now I just feel hopeless, unsure and scared all over again! I was already making hotel plans and arrangments because I just KNEW this was what was going to be right for me> this board is amazing for educating women on things they should know! So sorry that yours has turned out this way :( I can't imagine having waited so long (as I have) and then having to go through this, not to mention the money.
Please bring these pics to the question and answers forum and see what the doctors say.
Thank you for the suggestion: I did.
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

I am grateful for all of your comments, suggestions, and encouragement! I definitely feel less isolated in this process.
Please reach out whenever you need to vent/talk/support or just chat. Not to worry- things will work out ok somehow in the end.
WOAH! Looks like Dr. Horndeski has had a couple Licensing Board disciplinary actions as late as this past April... you can click on the PDF link and read the details of the last one, including his ORDERED PSYCHIATRIC EVALUATION.... hmmm, If it were me I would contact the state licensing board personally and request a copy of his disciplinary record... after all it is a matter of public record... he seems to have a "flippant" attitude toward even hospital personnel and administration, as his hospital priviledges were revoked, maybe a little ammunition in getting it done RIGHT! http://www.healthgrades.com/physician/dr-gary-horndeski-x5k35/background-check#BackgroundCarePhilosophy_anchor
OMG this is awful.
Gurrrrrll wow! I met with him last week and was pleased, but not satisfied or impressed. He seemed to be patient with a good attitude. The scar-less option doesn't look scar-less to me. i can still see the dang marks. :) Lolz. Ladies, please do not limit your research to realself only. Let's bring in valuable information from anywhere possible. http://www.vitals.com/doctors/Dr_Gary_Horndeski/reviews
I agree. This is where I found this Dr. less than professional record. I would recommend ANYONE getting any type of procedure or even searching out a new dr. or professional to check the state (or states) the dr. is licensed in, you can google state medical board and find anyone with a State license
Wow....
Oh that is incredible! Only one star or five star reviews? Fishy, as the five star ones contain no spelling or grammatical errors, he offers free Botox in return for a good review, it says there. If true, that's unethical and a bad sign. I feel so sorry for this lady!
OMG!
It seems like there is a history of these cases: http://www.houston-opinions.com/files/1stCoA-2008-Merritt-MD-v-Williamson-by-Hanks-HCLC-ILA-remanded-for-30-day-deadline-extensions-for-expert-report.htm
Thank you for posting the link.
That's great advice. I'd have to be worried if my dr was ordered to have a psychiatric evaluation, that's more than just not being a very good breast surgeon!
Oh my God. I'm so sorry. I was thinking of going with him but something felt wierd and as I continued to research him I just didn't like the results. I also found him to be a bit of a "know it all" and to good to be true. I asked him why he never shared this "revolutionary" procedure with other surgeons and he said that no one wanted to know...seems this is the reason why. It simply is a crap shoot. There are starting to be a few Horndeski ladies who are unhappy. The fact that he is asking YOU to pay ANYTHING is an effing joke (excuse my French). I'm so so sorry. I truly hope something comes of this. I would be contacting the Surgeon General, media, whatever necessary to get a full refund and go somewhere else. Good luck and keep us posted.
There have been many co plants about woman having odd shaped breasts after surgery with him. The UBL is just a mess up for some woman. For others it works but he sees everyone as a candidate.
wow, it seems the implants should have dropped by now esp since they are small cc... when done under the muscle, a pocket is created nd the implants are purposely put in higher so they slowly drop into the pocket, less tension on incisions is most important, but i agree with you it looks like he did not "round out" the tissue, and the "skin straps" he uses, well, i asked about this via email ( i had a anchor lift in April not with him, but was curious how he attached the "straps" he told me he uses permanent sutures so i thought that would probably result in failure with a 300-400 cc implant (i had bottoming out from previous implants 2 years ago, he was a jerk off so i had to go to new dr to have lift and smaller implants, but it was mostely stretched skin, i was an A cup with no sag before) Anyway, IF you decide to go back to him, GET EVERYTHING HE "PROMISES" IN WRITING... my original surgery with oversized implants chosen by my dr against my wishes, 1 years post op he promised to do implant exchange and redo the pockets and a lift if necessary, and said he would cover the cost of the implants as well.... I even asked him to write that in my file... he wrote stuff, but not what he had promised to "take care of". Do you think if he removed the implants they may be less "kidney bean/oblong" shaped? Good luck hun... keep us posted
Oh goodness......I would be asking for a total refund......& go to another plastic surgeon to correct what he started......I thought this procedure was too good to be true! I wish you all the best in having them corrected & hoping you find someone else to achieve this! Good luck & feeling for you!