Lip Lift in Sugar Land, TX - Sugarland, TX

I have always had a long upper lip and it was the...

I have always had a long upper lip and it was the only thing about my face that I hated. My lips are naturally quite full so when doctors would suggest fillers as the solution to my problem I found myself confused. I am from NYC and I had gone to see numerous plastic surgeons to see what could be dtone. They all wanted to charge me 10 grand,clip a muscle, give me some baller pain medication and call it a day. Now don't get me wrong, I am a born and bred Manhattanite so I'm always down for a little bit of LEGAL oxy. That said, I'm not down with looking like a duck for upwards of 6 months which is what typically happens when the muscle is altered. Research is for winners, people!

Cut to me in Dr. Horndeski's office in Sugar Land, TX (side note-- New Yorkers: remember, it's pronounced HUGHston, not HOWston. Don't be an idiot like me.) Dr. H administered the local anesthetic, which hurt like a bitch then he and Elisa got to work. 20 minutes later I looked like Angelina Jolie. Well, sort of. Needless to say it's been 3 months and I'm thrilled with the result. Everyone was extremely accommodating and they smiled a lot. Elisa gave me her personal number and proceeded to check in on me which was was pretty kick ass of her. I can barely see my scar which is hidden at the base of my nose and absolutely nobody else has noticed it. I'd say if you want a surgeon who knows what the hell he's doing, Dr. Horndeski is your guy.
Haha, okay, loving your New York sensibility and your review! Thank you for sharing your experience. Did you have to do much icing/resting afterward?

A few more details

Dr. Horndeski lifted my lip by excising the skin under my nose and then, well... lifting. 3 mm of skin was removed. I opted to take 4 days off of work (until I removed the suture), but that's only because I have nosy coworkers. I don't remember icing my lip post-op, however, this does not mean that I was not told to do so. Again, I'm very pleased with the quality of work done and not having to sell an organ on the black market to fund cosmetic surgery is always a plus!
did your nostrils change? thanks.
I agree!! You are too much. Thank you for your review.
Texas Plastic Surgeon