Well I've Taken the First Step!!! Sugarland, TX

When I was 13 I had fried eggs for breasts - I...

When I was 13 I had fried eggs for breasts - I even stuffed my training bra! I used to cry myself to sleep & pray that God would give me some girls to hang around with - a bit of foreshadowing there! I was 14, went to bed with fried eggs, woke up with melons (my grade 9 nickname - oh what fun!) I think God became SO fed up about my crying, that he slapped me on the back & my shoulder blades came crashing through my front to form boobs!!! Thankyou Lord - just 1 complaint, could you have given them lift too? Did you have to make them into floor scrubbers?!

I was known as "Melons" - no that wasn't a joke! These female friends of mine have been part of my existance for 36 years. My soon to be "ex" husband, got used to the length of them. He became used to rolling over on them, in the middle of the night. I, however, could not - basically because we slept in separate rooms! Having 2 boys, didn't help the girls out either! I desperately tried to breast feed - but not being able to see them, I would put them on the floor and hope to God they found the nipple, as I sure in the hell couldn't tell ya! When I heard them almost drowing, I knew they were full! With my first boy - 22 years ago - the breast nurse even said "Perhaps we could whip up some sort of a pully system!!!!!!" As I was giving up on breast feeding! I replied "So you want me to shout to my husband - who is in the living room - "BACK HER UP" so he could start the motor to raise the hanging, pendulums?!" I tried again with my 2nd son - but I could never get the nipple in his mouth, plus he would turn blue from my entire breast encompassing his head and there was no airway! Yes you might laugh - but this is true!

Through weight gain, injury & being diagnosed with a rare condition etc. my poor girls took even more of a beating & look SO depressed! It's time to make them & myself smile! I've just turned 50 and asked my husband for a divorce - after 25 years of marriage! The thought of another man looking at my sad friends HORRIFIES me! To be able to feel & look better, have the girls back to where they were supposed to be, is worth EVERYTHING to me! Never mind going topless - as some of Dr. Horndeski's patients have stated! I haven't been topless since I was 2 years old!! To lay on my back with my arms by my side - instead of being spread eagle, would be sublime! To not look like a 100 year old woman - with the sheer weight of them alone - is worth the cost of the operation itself. Add on all the rest - to feel like a woman again, to wear sexy outfits etc. well that's just icing on the cake! To eventually meet someone that will not balk at the sheer size of my breasts - will help me deal with being with someone different for the first time in 27 years! So welcome aboard my journey - I will try to keep it lighthearted! You will know if I'm down or upset - as the lol's stop! ;-) I will update as soon as I learn more from the Dr.!

1st Step Done

So I sent in my Realself inquiry, received a response from Dr. Horndeski's office within 2 hours. I was sent the paperwork to read over - what to do and expect etc. Then I sent off my pictures of the girls - with my sincere apologies for making him faint!!! LOL It's quite eye-opening and humbling to take pictures of your breasts (when they are covered none stop)! I was almost in tears at several points - especially trying to take pictures of them by myself (one of my girlfriends offered - but I still wanted to be friends with her so I said no!) I don't know how anyone takes selfies! Anyway it's done - now I have a Skype meeting with him tomorrow! I'm REALLY hoping this can be done - I have some rare health issues & I'm sure it's daunting for any doctor, but here's hoping! I NEED to help my girls and thus my back, neck, shoulders, be up where they belong! Not to mention my self esteem and going forward IF any other man shows up - which looking at the girls today, is NOT going to happen untill I get them they help they so desperately need. It's SO daunting to be 50, on the way to being divorced and having a body that has not been seen by someone else in 27 years! So I will update after the Skype!

Feeling sad!

Well - as my life is never just straightforward - we were supposed to Skype - but 15 minutes before, my computer decides to do a back up and was totally down when we were supposed to talk. So we talked on the phone - he suggests a reduction. EEEEEK I know this sounds TOTALLY ridiculous - that I am a 40 M, but I am SO nervous about some of my breast being taken away! I know that sounds dumb doesn't it? I hope you - whom have huge boobs - understand? I feel the same as when I had a hysterectomy 13 1/2 years ago. I was DEVESTATED thinking that I would be less of a woman, it ended up being the best decision of my life. But to get my brain into the mode was really hard. When I was wheeled into the operating room, I was crying and REALLY nervous. My surgeon said "Do you want to cancel this?" to which I replied "Yes, yes I do!"! He said "too bad this is for your health, you've suffered enough.." So the operation went ahead & it worked out totally fine. Due to the fact none of you know who I am, I can be more open with my feelings with you all! Weird hey? About 10 of my girlfriends, I have been friends with for 36+ years, they are ALL for me getting a reduction. But they all have normal boobs - like the biggest is a D! So they don't understand that personal connection one has to large boobs! When I went to a surgeon here - he talked about taking me down to a small C and taking off my nipple, and reconstruction - possibly with my labia - etc etc. I was HORRIFIED, cried all the way home and decided not to go ahead. Until I found Dr. Horndeski and his new procedure! Now I have to wrap my mind around having smaller breasts. He talked - like Royblue stated - in a engineering way, about working out the measurements compared to my body measurments etc. I almost started laughing - you can tell what was his first love! He asked what size I wanted to be - not what he would do! I told him I wanted to have the weight distrubuted better, and not be in pain, but also that my breasts actually look lovely not massacred! I quickly went to look at his pictures of reductions - as I've been focusing on lifts. They look the same as the lift - thank God! It is up to me when I get the surgery - I'm having reconstruction of my eyelid (from cancer) at the end of August, so will be MIA for awhile, so it might be sooner or a lot later! Now the nerves are setting in! It's been an emotional couple of days actually. 1. It's my 25th wedding anniversary tomorrow - weird feelings about that 2. I took a picture of my boobs - like I had to actually look at them from different positions - I've NEVER really looked at my boobs, they are either in a bra, or under a nightie. So to see these pendulous sacs just hanging there, then sending those pictures to someone else - it's REALLY daunting and upsetting! It's like revealing a deep secret - does that make sense? Other than my doctors, nurses and my husband, no one else has ever seen my breasts. The only time my husband saw them, was after he asked me to marry him - after 10 months of dating! I wanted to shock him before we made plans!! !LOL This isn't an easy decision is it? It's MAJOR surgery and it's deciding for someone to take something from you, that was yours for 50 years! I suppose that is the real issue for me. Even though my boobs are a pain - litterally and figuratively - they are mine and I am known by them. They have breast fed the 2 reasons I breathe & they make me feel and look like a woman! With ALL of the cancer surgeries and biopsies I have had - 60 to date! I feel like a punching bag, I have more scars and dents in my skin, than I care to acknowledge! My skin is in REALLY bad shape - and I usually have some sort of bandage either on my face or on my chest! At the end of August I will be having my eyelid removed - which is cancerous - and then having my eyelid reconstructed with another piece of skin from my body! It is REALLY daunting - to say the least! I have relied on the girls to take away stares to my face - yikes that's an unreal feeling to say that out loud! But it is the truth, they help me by just being there. Anyways, I'm giving myself a day to have this sink in then make arrangements and set dates etc. I would be interested in knowing how you guys feel - especially when you have been through this! Did you feel the same way? Do you regret going smaller? Any advice would be SO appreciated!
Texas Plastic Surgeon

I have sent Dr. Horndeski an email - to start the process! I am SO excited - and nothing has happened yet!! Just can't wait to have my girls moved to the Northern Hemisphere of my body!

Thanks for sharing your honest feelings. I have heard other women speak of their feelings about losing some of their breast tissue in a reduction. If you do decide to get a reduction, I can move your review into the breast reduction community where you might feel like you're getting more support from other women. Do you have a surgery date yet? Also, I always suggest to all members to get more than 1 doctor opinion if you can. I'm so excited for you...please do keep us posted!
You write beautifully, and I love the combination of eloquence with fantastic humor! Congratulations on having such a natural talent for putting pen to paper! I am a writer, so that is big complement. The comment about breastfeeding being your reason to breathe is something I can truly relate to! I've only had a TT, but I wish I'd had my boobies done too. I'm 55, and I have been single for such a long time that my body image was so low. No wonder I've been single, as I couldn't bear the thought of being seen by someone special. I love my new found confidence, and I can live with the girls for awhile, maybe forever. They are 34DDD, and the weight on my otherwise very petite frame has caused shoulder and neck pains over the years. They were 34D by the age of 11 still playing with Barbie dolls and having periods, like it happened overnight. It was awful. Like you, I got real attached to the size! The only time I've had a consultation for the boobies was similar, reduction. I wasn't that surprised because I'd read a lot and that seems normal for giant sagging boobies, although like you I don't understand it. However, if a reduction reduced the shoulder/neck pains, then I'd be all for it! I wish you luck with your eyelid surgery. Bless your heart. Please keep sharing on RS, as we'll always be here for you!
THANKYOU! That brought a tear to my eye! I'm going ahead with the surgery, but I have to wait for me to be totally healed. I have looked at more breasts than I can count!! LOL In my never ending quest to end up with nice looking breasts! It's a weird feeling, in some ways I feel like I'm betraying my own body! If that makes any sense? These 2 "friends" of mine have been with me for 36 years (in their present form) and yes they are ugly to look at, but at the same time they are mine! I feel - in some way - that I am insulting myself! Does that sound ridiculous? I grew up being called ugly or "You would be pretty if you lost all the weight" even when I was slim, my family still called me fat! As I say to my friends "I do self analysis on a daily basis" as that analysis was put on me everyday of my teenage years. Add on the outside stares and gropes etc. I learned to hide my breasts and not be accepting of them. But as I saw them feed by babies, carry me through several breast cancer scares and gave me a reason to hide the rest of myself, I realised that they are now my friends! To think about loosing some of it, is a REALLY hard thing! I HAVE to do this as I can't go on with the pain and the dislocations etc. Yet in some way I want to salute them for "hanging" (literally lol) with me for all of these years!
please read and review my results. I think you will change your mind about this Dr. I wasted 10,000 dollars plus what I am going to have to spend to correct his mess up. Please reconsider using this Dr.
I AM going with him - he does lovely work - there are risks with ALL surgeries! He offers to fix them 6 months after - any dog ears etc. You decided to go and publically rant and slander him, instead of letting him touch his work up! Both you and HM are WAY over the top with this. IF I end up with dog ears, I have expected that this might happen, and I will return for him to fix this for free! I have a feeling that neither of you will ever be happy - regardless of whom the surgeon was. I know darn well that I'm not going to have the exact same fantastic results as Royblue, but I'm hoping for close to that! As long as they don't look like they do now - that's all I care about! I will follow his instructions to a T and let him fix whatever might need to be fixed - I'm sure you can't say the same?
@bambi27. Aren't you nice? I hope you turn out great also, but I doubt it will happen.
Lmao!!!!! How did I miss this? You rock!! @bambi27 People love to still you're joy, but let them. I am still in love with my breast. It's keeps getting better and better. I did have my revison for the minor dog ears August 22nd 2014 (at no cost of course). I plan to keep posting but honey I was enjoying my summer with the girls. Lol!!! I am taking photos of the new progress.. Good Luck!
If you want good results please use another Dr. He talks a good game but I wasted 10,000 for him to ruin my breast & not care !!!
@highMaintenace I am terribly sorry for what you had to experience but why ruin the excitement for others? I had better then great results with Dr. horndeski.
She contacted me & I gave her my honest opinion , please do me a favor & mind your own business
Sweetie, You posted on a public forum. It's everyone's business.. All I'm saying is the negative stuff you post says more about you then the Dr. @HighMaintence Futhermore, it was just a question. Take care.
I didn't contact you!!! You came on here - just like RitaKolb - to express your unhappiness with what he did for you! You do realize that it's slander what you and Rita are doing - right? I have ALL of the sympathy in the world for women whom have awful outcomes. But more often than not, the old way of doing it (with the vertical scar) leads to more complications - like scar splitting, infections etc. I have followed countless women who are TRULY disfigured from terrible surgeons that didn't give proper follow up. I mentioned what you and Rita have said - to his office! I wont tell you what was said, but I'm confident in his ability and his caring attitude that IF something happens that I'm not happy with - like dog ears etc. - he WILL do the fix for no charge. That's a LOT more than other surgeons offer. To be perfectly honest, I've seen your's and Rita's pictures, I think you guys look great! Yes we have are own views on what we look like. But I don't get the viterol expressed by both of you! Sometimes you need to do a self check and ask if it's yourself that is too demanding or uncompliant? I apprecaite all points of view - that's how I made my decision! I have read probably a thousand reviews - which ALL lead me to this man! I wish you and Rita all the best!
@bambi27. Look at my results, what could his office possibly have said to smooth over how horrible my surgery turned out. You come on here asking for peoples experiences with this doctor, then dis us for speaking what happened to us. Kind of a double standard, wouldn't you say. I have never said NOT ONE WORD regarding this doctor that was not the truth. He did a horrible surgery blotched up job on me, then you accuse me of slander on him? I think he is the most rude, untrained doctor in the area. This is my opinion, and I have a right to share it, just like you sharing yours. I was only trying to say you some heart ache and possible health issues, like I had after he butchered my breasts. You don't have to read them and you certainly don't have the right to say I am slandering him. He is not a good surgeon. He has had many complaints from patients and even his fellow surgeons. Do whatever you want to do, as far as this doctor is concerned. I wish you far better results than I was left with.
I appreciate that you are not happy about your results - of course I'm not dissing you for saying it! From all of the women I have talked to - who have used him - virtually every one of them had to go back in for a revision (usually the dog ears, that you appear to have), and he did that and they look FANTASTIC! I'm saying my personal opinion - you are saying yours! I was asking for peoples similar thoughts not to be complained at, because of my decision. From what I've heard from other women, you have privately emailed them and attacked them! That is WAY over the top - like I said EVERYONE is entitled to their own opinion, Just not to hound someone for making a choice that they didn't like! I think you should have the revision he offered you - I think any situation you are having would be fixed! Look at the others after a revision - they look natural! We all have scars - either streatch marks or scars after surgery, it's one or the other. Like I said I find both yours and High mainenance's outcomes pretty good actually - compared to some other womens! Anyways I'm spending FAR too much energy on this! So I hope that you continue to improve, that you finally get what you wanted & for us to make this our last conversation!
amen
@bambi27 Brilliant!!! And well said. If only other women had the same thought process as you..