46, 2 Kids, Fit but LOTS of Loose Skin - Sugar Land, TX

I had my first child at 19 and gained half my body...

I had my first child at 19 and gained half my body weight in the process. I lost the baby weight very quickly which I think added to the problem.The loose skin and stretch marks were so extensive that the damage couldn't be hidden beneath the biggest bikini bottom. I worked out obsessively-7-9 hours a week of cardio, weights, competitive skating, and aerial arts.To the world it looked like i had a flat stomach -even in my one-piece :/ but underneath the clothing was so much loose skin. I was always miserable when hubby would suggest a tropical vacation or going to the lake etc. I always wanted a tummy tuck but was afraid for all the normal reasons.i saw my first plastic surgeon for a tummy tuck consultation in 1994. over the next 20 years i saw 7 more plastic surgeons. I always got good referrals, chose surgeons that had good credentials,and that i was referred to by a reliable source (happy client or other respected dr.)No dr. ever made me feel comfortable enough to move forward with the procedure. I think I never would have had it done if I hadn't finally met Dr. Nguyen. I'm 5 weeks post op and recovery was harder than i expected (i had 2 c-sections) but I would do it over again in a second! Dr. Nguyen is so talented! His belly buttons look REAL!! none of this upside down triangle or circle business. I'm still a tiny bit swollen but absolutely thrilled with my results.He exceeded my expectations by a mile. Pics coming soon.

very late tt update!

hi all, sorry for the delay in updating.my computer was stolen and i have been retrieving and recreating a ton of work UUGGH.
so here's how it went- i was very swollen through 8 weeks. thought the swelling would never go down, thought i would never stand up straight again or be able to exercise at my previous intensity.but patience and listening to your dr. are really important in this process. it will pass! i'm about 50% on previous workout intensity and if i start to swell i stop! one thing i did that was a mistake was not look at the incision or belly button because i'm squeamish. even in the shower i wouldn't look. well i got an infected belly button that i could have noticed sooner if i wasn't such a baby!! so i absolutely love the shape of belly button but am now waiting for the infection to heal. still absolutely thrilled with my result and my wonderful doctor.he called right back even though it was a weekend and has been very thorough and conscientious.
Sugar Land Plastic Surgeon

patient and thorough, super talented, an ARTIST- love his staff too

Sounds like we have almost the same story! I have a TT scheduled with Dr. Nguyen on April 8th, and I chose him for the same reason - his belly buttons look normal, not some oddly-shaped hole cut through someone's tummy. I can't wait to see your post-op pictures and hear more about your experiences through recovery!
hope you're doing well!!
How exciting!! Dr. Basu (also in Houston) did my TT in December, and I am equally as thrilled with t he results. I will still swell on occasion, depending on my activity. If I am wearing high heels or something, my upper abdomen will swell where he repaired my abdominal muscles a tad. It's nothing major, and I just wear spanx or something for a little while, and it decreases the swelling. It's great reading other reviews that have such great outcomes! Keep us posted on your recovery!
congrats!!
I've seen his work on here and it's nothing less than fabulous. I'm looking to get a BA in the future and wouldn't hesitate to have him for my PS if it wasn't for the distance. Can't wait to see your results!
i can't stress how pleased i am that i found him. it would be worth the travel!