Wanted Slightly Fuller Lips, but Mostly Wanted to Reduce the Area of Skin Between my Nose and Upper Lip - Sugar Land, TX

Dr. Horndeski was efficient and I had mega...

Dr. Horndeski was efficient and I had mega confidence going in since he's done so many of these procedures. Yes, the most painful part was the needle injection with numbing meds, and after that it was a breeze. I only took one pain med the first night and one the following day. Nothing after that. My nose was super swollen as was the area between my lips and nose, however it receded rapidly. I made sure to sleep in a recliner - but sitting straight up for the first two nights. I placed a pillow on each side of me, and used another chair for my feet, so my body remained erect. This is key to reducing swelling. On day 3 & 4, I slept with the recliner partially reclined, but mostly upright. On Day 5 I slept in bed with my pillows propped high and by Day 7 slept in bed with only two pillows Scar is diminishing rapidly. He said if I want more off, I could return in 6 months for a revision.

Update Week 2

A previous photo and today's photo

Lips before procedure - thin. Lips 13 days out

Wanted Slightly fuller upper lips - Update two months post surgery

This photo is 2 months after my surgery. I still find my nose is plump on the end, but am hoping this will recede as doc says within the 6 months out date. NOTE: My upper lip was injected with 1/4 syringe of Juvederm on Sept 30th as it remains thinner than I want. I will not be undergoing a revision as recovery is too long, my scar is still visible (slowly fading each week), one nostril is V shaped now, and my lower nose remains numb. I cannot scrunch my nose yet, and my smile is not yet natural due to the numbness in that upper area. My friend who saw me last week for the first time since before my procedure, agrees that my nose looks quite plump.
I think in the long haul, this is a good procedure and I'll be happier with results once I can fully smile again. All best to those undergoing the upper lip lift. Please note it is a 4 to 6 month recovery.

Likely my last photo for RealSelf-unless something drastic changes.

Overall, I feel this was worth the effort as the space between my nose and upper lip is less. My lips are not fuller, and my nose is still slightly numb, but the swelling is almost gone and my nostrils look more & more even each day. The scar remains, but is also less visible with each passing day.
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Gary Horndeski was courteous and straight forward. I wasn't sure exactly how much I wanted taken off, so he was conservative with me. The procedure went superbly and I felt confident he knew what he was doing. My roscea flared immediately so these post pix look awful. I will return and post one with makeup in a week - just wanted everyone to see up close pix to get the gist of swelling, uneven nostrils, and scar. The nostrils improve daily, swelling is now minimal and albeit my scar is visible, I'm only 9 days out. Nose still feels numbish, but the swelling continues to dissipate daily, helping the nostrils look normal again. In 2 more weeks, I'm hoping to look much better. Please use sunscreen - as even a few minutes in the sun can intensify your scar.