Wanted Slightly Fuller Lips, but Mostly Wanted to Reduce the Area of Skin Between my Nose and Upper Lip - Sugar Land, TX

Dr. Horndeski was efficient and I had mega...

Dr. Horndeski was efficient and I had mega confidence going in since he's done so many of these procedures. Yes, the most painful part was the needle injection with numbing meds, and after that it was a breeze. I only took one pain med the first night and one the following day. Nothing after that. My nose was super swollen as was the area between my lips and nose, however it receded rapidly. I made sure to sleep in a recliner - but sitting straight up for the first two nights. I placed a pillow on each side of me, and used another chair for my feet, so my body remained erect. This is key to reducing swelling. On day 3 & 4, I slept with the recliner partially reclined, but mostly upright. On Day 5 I slept in bed with my pillows propped high and by Day 7 slept in bed with only two pillows Scar is diminishing rapidly. He said if I want more off, I could return in 6 months for a revision.

Update Week 2

A previous photo and today's photo

Lips before procedure - thin. Lips 13 days out

Texas Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Gary Horndeski was courteous and straight forward. I wasn't sure exactly how much I wanted taken off, so he was conservative with me. The procedure went superbly and I felt confident he knew what he was doing. My roscea flared immediately so these post pix look awful. I will return and post one with makeup in a week - just wanted everyone to see up close pix to get the gist of swelling, uneven nostrils, and scar. The nostrils improve daily, swelling is now minimal and albeit my scar is visible, I'm only 9 days out. Nose still feels numbish, but the swelling continues to dissipate daily, helping the nostrils look normal again. In 2 more weeks, I'm hoping to look much better. Please use sunscreen - as even a few minutes in the sun can intensify your scar.

Looks good
hey, how are you doing?
How is ur nose now? The swelling
I think it is good he is conservative because removing too much can make it difficult to smile correctly, eat, close your mouth etc. I also think your lips look great.
I agree. I'm not smiling yet - mostly because I read somewhere you shouldn't laugh or smile big for three full weeks. It's tough not laughing, but I'm sure I can make it one more week:)
Iam pregnant right now and my lips already swollen so i have to wait and then plan how much i have to cut but i will cut as doc advised me
hi! could you possibly post a full face after pic?
You look wonderful. Thank you for the review. I love that your doctor is upfront and tells his patients that they can return in 6 months to have more removed if they want. There is no going back when too much is removed. It is permanent.
gypsy22 - That's exactly what the doc said. I'll take and post a new pix on Monday as my rosacea is beginning to diminish and focus can be fully on the incision instead of my red rosacea bumps:) Are you thinking of having this done?
Cc, I am trying to find a doctor to revise my lip lift. I need to find a surgeon who is an expert at doing lip Lifts.
Dr. Horndeski has done a ton of these. I'm calling his office to ask questions tomorrow (exact amt he removed & whether or not their is a cost for revision), so if you would like, I can ask if he does revisions AFTER another doctor has done the lips. What was the problem with your lip lift?
Thank you for all your help. I am gathering as much information as I can. I feel pretty hopeless right now, because i am going to need extensive reconstructive surgery for my lip lift revision. It was very kind of you to try to help me. That is the one thing about Realself, even though it is obvious that some of the reviews are not legitimate there are some people who really care and want to help. Thank you again
Gypsy22, I'm just so sorry for you and hope you can find some resolution. I wish I knew a doctor to help, and hope you find someone reliable via this site. *** For those reading this who were not privy to our PM, unfortunately Dr. Horndeski who does excellent upper lip lifts, does not attempt revisions on hemming type lifts as those can damage muscles. He's good at his craft, but reconstruction is extremely difficult. I can only wish Gyspy all the best.
Thanks for the review and photos! How many millimeters did you have removed?
IceCapadesQueen, I think it was 1.2cm, but will phone docs office on Monday to ask about that as well as how much a revision will cost. He was really conservative. Dr H seems like a pro at this procedure, and I'm so happy my scar is diminishing nicely.
Yes, your scar does indeed look very neat and thin. Congratulations on a good result!
Thank you IceCapadesQueen....It keeps looking better daily. My rosacea is beginning to subside, so I'll take a pix and post tomorrow as I feel it deters from the results of lip lift:)
Hi dear how r u ?! Did u ask doc how many mils was removed ? Iam confused also .. My doc told me he will cut 5 ml and i still feel i need more .
The doctor's office has not called back to tell me how much was removed. I'm thinking only 3 as I did not want much, but will post once I hear from his office. Each day everything looks better, which is why they wait 6 months before revising. Good luck!
I forgot to post, I had 3 millimeters removed. Will post more pictures next week. I'm wanting to smile. Still some numbness around my nose and scar is still visible.