Lip Lift - Sugar Land, TX

Every aspect of this procedure with Dr....

Every aspect of this procedure with Dr. Horndeski's office was a breeze. First of all, the ladies at the front line are all lovely. Correspondence was quick, easy and informative. They surprised me by offering to pick me up from the airport and take me to the office! I had already allocated funds for a taxi so this was such a nice surprise. The procedure takes about 15 minutes and I was not under any sedation, which is a plus. I had a stitch (very fine, barely visible) and gauze over the incision that I removed the next day. My upper lip was swollen for the next 2 days but I didn't need any pain medications whatsoever. You can barely see the incision line at this point and nobody noticed anything different. He took off 4mm. I would have liked a little more off but I wouldn't mind taking more off in the future, as to keep the difference subtle and not too dramatic. Dr. H and Elisa came to my hotel room a few days later to check up and showed me how to remove the stitch when I leave Texas. I had a few questions and shot over an email and I received an immediate response, which included Elisa's cell phone in case I needed anything else. Overall, I had a seamless experience with the office and Dr. Horndeski. I felt 100% informed and I knew exactly what to expect.
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Every office should run like theirs.

did the shape of your nostrils change? thanks
I am an out of town patient considering a lip lift with Dr. Horndeski. How many days did you stay in Texas following your procedure?
Hi Serena! I stayed for 4 days, 4 nights. It looked fine (completely fine) after about 6 but I went out to a museum and to get some food the next day. I took a light exercise class on the 3rd day and I was okay. Hope this helps!
Congratulations on your surgery. Glad you are happy with your results. Blessings
Thanks!!!!

I'm glad this went well for you! Did you have any low points during recovery?

Hi Angiemcc! I can't really say I had any low points. The swelling is very minimal. It looked a little red and puffy at one point but it went away. I did, however have to be careful when eating. If you eat in a hurry, it hurts a little and I can imagine it's not great for ensuring minimal scarring.
Glad to hear there were no major low points. Thanks for the feedback! Did you have to eat soft foods for a while?
No, I was eating regular foods, meats and fruits etc. I just couldn't nosh down on something, which I did when I was very hungry at one point. You have to chew slowly and take smaller bites.
Susim, I am glad everything went well with your liplift. It is always easy to go back and remove a bit more in the future, but if too much is removed there is no going back and you are left with a permanent deformity.
I agree. I feel a difference when I touch my teeth with my tongue and it feels comfortable, if that makes sense.
Do you have photos you can upload so we can see your result?
Unfortunately, I don't have photos...I'm too embarrased to show the botched surgery. Valborg
You're making no sense. You posted a 5-star review about a "seamless" experience. Now you claim botched surgery? Make up your mind.
You are responding to the wrong person. Susim left a 5 star review of Dr Horndeski and valborg had a negative experience with another doctor.
Sometimes it is confusing who to respond too!!
Valborg replied to my request to the reviewer, susim, for photos. It shouldn't be difficult to discern since each individual comment has its own Reply button.
I'll get before photos from dr. Give me a few days! :)
I had a good experience. I think valborg accidentally posted reply under my review.
I do believe there has been some mistake here. I never had a good result from my vermillion lip lift and never posted a 'seamless' experience. My surgery was more than a year ago, and the doctor took it upon himself to also do a v-y without discussing it with me. The entire surgery was a mess, and there is not a doctor who will touch this mess on my lips. So...I don't know where the confusion is here...sorry for any misunderstanding. Valborg
Somehow these 'replies get mixed up. I am not the one who had good results from a lip lift. I had a very poor outcome from my lip advancement (where they cut just above the lip). I did not have a bullhorn lift. My surgery was done in Connecticut.
Thank you for getting this right...somehow, these 'replies' get mixed up. I was not the person who had a good outcome. My outcome from a vermillion lip advancement (where they cut just above the lip line) was a disaster. Valborg
Yes, Valborg replied to a comment not intended for her. Perhaps Valborg can delete her comments that are in the wrong place so others, in the future, aren't confused.
Susim... what type of lip lift did you have done...was it the vermillion lip lift or the bullhorn...where was the cutting done (under the nose or just above the top lip). Thanks, Valborg
It was under the nose! Just the skin, not the muscles.