Amazing! - Sudbury, ON

I grew up with a large birthmark along my jawline....

I grew up with a large birthmark along my jawline. I was always teased about it, and became really self conscious during my highschool years, causing me to never wear my hair up (even during sports!). I went to Dr. Barr for a consultation and booked my birthmark removal procedure. Because of the size and location, he had to perform two excisions 6 months apart. After the first, my scar was incredible- so much better than I had expected. The final excision, however, left a wider scar that I wasn't completely happy with.

So I went back and had another consultation and Dr. Barr did a scar revision surgery for free! It has healed, and i'm SO happy with the results. It was great that he was willing to do it again, to make sure I was happy with how it looked. During the time when I had my scar revision surgery, I had been prescribed tetracycline for acne on my face by my family doctor. During the procedure, Dr. Barr noticed my skin and recommended another medication that he thought would work better than the one I had been prescribed, and wrote me a prescription while still in the operating room. This prescription worked great and my skin and scar have never looked better! I really appreciate the work Dr. Barr has done, and how he goes above and beyond to make you look, and feel better!
Thanks a billion Dr.Barr

Sudbury Plastic Surgeon

I had him recommended to me by a friend.

i have a large birthmark on my shoulder and i never wore sleevless shirts or dresses because of it. When i finally started to wear them... i would constantly get questions about it... so annoying.. it looks like its a diseased arm :( lol im glad for you. I hope to get mine removed. Only thing is i have dark (black) skin.
I have a birthmark in my right side of my face and everyday I put make up during my work and sometimes im asking to my self how to remove this I hope Someone held me about this I want to remove this but I don't know how,,And thank's for ur reply with me I hope someday I can fine someone to help me to remove my birthmark..
I have a birthmark on my jawline and I was wondering if I could have the advise. I hate it so much and I am constantly teased about it. I am the same way with wearing my hair down and I have people say things such as: it looks like you have a tumor on your face, what's wrong with your face, you look like you smeared marker on your face. It's really upsetting and I want to get rid of it so bad but I'm afraid of two things. 1. My parents will be mad when I ask 2. It will scar and my parents won't pay for the scar treatment. I really need some help with this..

What a wonderful story to read! I'm so glad that you are feeling more confident now. I would love to know how much pain was associated with the surgeries during the recovery period.