Been on Accutane for 3 Months and Breaking out Still..- Sudbury, ON

I have been on Accutane for 3 months now and iam...

I have been on Accutane for 3 months now and iam still breaking out, but not as much, I have lots of red marks and I want them to go away. I am only on Accutane for 4 months, I don't know if that is long enough or not? but that is what I was prescribed. I hope that for being on Accutane for only 4 months will help me, I never had severe acne just pimples and red marks but I wanted to clear everything up, but i am still breaking out on the third month, I was very clear about 2 weeks ago straight but now I broke out and disappointed..

done accutane, now red marks and such,

I have finished Accutane about a month ago and was on for 4 months. No more acne, so happy about that, now I just have redness and red marks and hyperpigmentation left on my face. I tried cetephil moisturizer and it was greasy and made my face more red, not going back to that, should I try other moisturizers? or? I want my face to be clear for when I go back to school this September I am hoping. Any suggestions? Should I go back to my derm and see what she says?
Ontario Dermatologic Surgeon

I can definitely understand why you would be concerned and feel disappointed. Have you spoken to your doctor about this? Perhaps they will want to change your dose, or the length of time you are suppose to take the Accutane for?

Hello, yeah thanks, I will be going to see my doctor in 20 days but going to ask if i can either stay on accutane till august or just get some kind of laser treatment because i dont have any acne anymore, all i have is red marks and small ice pick scars, so what do you think is the best treatment here where i live? Any ideas? thanks!

Here are some Q&As to help give ideas for treatment for the red marks (hyperpigmentation) and ice pick scars:

Best Treatment for Ice Pick Acne Scars?

Best Acne Hyperpigmentation Treatment?

Please let us know what goes on at your doctors appointment, and if you are kept on Accutane or not. Hoping your skin continues to clear between now and then!!