Subtle Difference but Not Too Bad

I have been wanting surgery all my life but also...

I have been wanting surgery all my life but also been scared of it all my life. I was afraid I would never wake up. When I finally decided to go for it, I chose the best surgeon and hospital in my area, went for one consultation, agreed with the surgeon and the fees, and scheduled the surgery.

I had a rhinoplasty and face-lift in the same surgery. The face-lift was the worst part (I’ve reviewed all of my procedures on RealSelf) but the bleph was terrible too. My eyes were so swollen, almost shut. I stayed overnight in the hospital but I don’t think I would have gotten a minute of sleep if not for some very powerful drugs. It wasn’t restful, let me assure you.

When I got home I iced my eyes literally every 15 minutes. I wanted the swelling to go down so I could return to normal functioning as soon as possible. The swelling did go down but it lasted longer than it should have.

I am happy with my eyelift but not with the rest of my surgery. I think my eyes look better. It is a subtle change but I didn’t want to look funny either. But my face is still drooping in the wrong places and my nose just looks odd.

I took the step of getting the surgery that I’d always dreamed of so I could finally look good, at least to myself. I am pleased with the eyelift but what good is it if I hate the rest of my face? I am going to go back to my surgeon and ask him what he can do to fix this but I am afraid all over again. And what if this IS it?

I also wanted rhinoplasty since about the age of 13, when all of a sudden, a large flat shelf started growing across the bridge. People always asked me if my nose was broken, and I would angrily answer "NO" without knowing that I actually had, in fact, broken my nose at some point without realizing it. So when I consulted an ENT for chronic bronchitis and pneumonia at age 30, I was actually very happy to learn that I would need sinus surgery and that I also had a deviated septum and a broken bridge. So now, at age 33, after having had rhinoplasty three years ago (done by a plastic surgeon) - I also regret having it done, only for the fact that I didn't trust my gut instinct when I disapproved of the surgeon's attitude towards me. Now, my nose doesn't have a flat hump over the bridge anymore, but the surgeon also went against my wishes, which we repeatedly discussed, to leave the rest of my nose alone. He narrowed the tip, and scooped out so much cartilage that I actually have pockets on the inside of the tip, which are chronically infected. He also narrowed it to a point on one side of my nose, so that looking at it from the front, it bends off to one side like a banana. It honestly looks like a banana - because he left the width of my bridge as it was, but narrowed the tip, which created a narrow-wide-narrow cartoon of a nose that bends severely to one side (it did not before surgery). I would go back to have it re-done, but I am so scared to confront this guy because of how he treated me the first time. So now, I'm planning to have it fixed by another surgeon, at twice the expense of the first surgery. What a nightmare.
Did you ever sue the doctor who butchered your nose?