Pitted acne scaring

I have deep scaring on my checks from years of...

I have deep scaring on my checks from years of acne. It makes my face look uneven and tired. My acne is now gone and so my dermatologist wanted to inject me with Restylane to help pump up the depressions. I read some reviews online that suggested icing the area for 20 or so minutes before going to the appointment so I did that. When I went into the Drs. office they applied numbing cream and did the injections. I couldn't feel most of them, but even the ones I could feel didn't hurt. I had no bruising and a very small amount of swelling- in fact I was the only one who could notice any swelling. My scars looked great! My skin wasn't perfect, but it was MUCH better than when I walked in to my appointment. Unfortunately it didn't last long. Most of my scars are on my laugh lines so in some spots it lasted only 1 month and a some other scars are still filled in 3 months later. So I'll say this If you have the money to get injected a few times a year then do it! It may not be worth the money if you can't keep up with it. It cost $500 for 1 syringe.

On second syringe.

Since January I've had 1 and 1/2 syringes for my deep acne scaring. The first syringe was over two sessions and the second (only half) was over three sessions. For the first time in years my skin looks great! My skin looks and feels even in all lighting and my makeup goes on smooth. I know its not a permeant solution, but I'm very happy with the results I have!
Los Angeles Dermatologist