1 Month PO, more pictures added.

Finally picked my PS and scheduled my date for...

Finally picked my PS and scheduled my date for December 20, 2012. We usually close the office in December so I thought this would be the perfect time to recovery at home. I had done a Rhinoplasty in January and went back to work in 3 days. Then in August I got upper eyelid surgery and went back to work in 3 days as well. This time I want to recover for at least 10 days. As you can see from my belly it is ugly ugly ugly. I hate it so much. I work out so hard (5 days a week). 3 days a week I do boot camp and 2 days I do spinning. BTW I'm 55 years young, I'm 5' and I weight 138 lbs. I'm trying to lose at least 10 lbs before surgery. I'm trying to eat less than 1,000 calories a day. Now that I finally scheduled the surgery, I'm excited. The doctor told me not to have unrealistic expectations. I'm very wide (thick). Repairing the muscles will help some but I will never have that skinny little waist some people have after surgery. He said there's no fat so no lipo is necessary but I do have almost a 4" gap (muscle separation). Thank you for this site. RealSelf ladies are REAL. I love it here. I'm addicted to this site and it has helped me so much to make this decision. I will keep you posted and God Bless all the wonderful ladies on this site.

Just went for my pre-op and I' m getting scared. ...

Just went for my pre-op and I' m getting scared. Excited and scared. I have to go back to work on January 2nd so I really have to make sure I'm feeling good by then. I haven't bought anything yet. For those of you who already had the surgery other than the pain meds what is a must have? 15 more days!

Please tell me it gets better.

Please tell me it gets better.

PO 1 (Dec 20) OMG Ladies, what a difference a few...

PO 1 (Dec 20) OMG Ladies, what a difference a few days make. Let me tell you 1st day PO was the worse ever. I had so much anxiety, I couldn't sit still. I went to lay on the couch, nope the bed was better, no back to the couch, never mind bed was better after all. It was pure hell. Then the nauseous set in. Started throwing up, imagine how that must have felt after a muscle repair. Hope the 2nd day will be better..... Wrong

PO 2 (Dec 21) started getting the worse heartburn ever. Pure hell. Dr changed my medication to Vicodin. Only took pain meds first 2 days because I couldn't swallow the pills. They would get stuck and I couldn't swallow them. So I tried crushing them up and putting them in a smoothie. I could taste the awful bitter taste, so I stopped taking them all together. Days 3, 4, 5, & 6 were just as bad. Couldn't get comfortable, started an annoying cough and still was not able to swallow water without choking. Now here I am day 7. So So much better. I can drink water without chocking, my coughing has subsided and I finally went to the bathroom. Ladies please take your stool softener. I finally had the sensation to go so I went to the toilet and nothing. It took me sitting in the toilet for 1 hr and then finally yelling at my husband to go buy me some something to make it easier to go. And then relief. Took a great warm shower and now I am finally relaxing. Thank God for my wonderful husband. He deserves a medal! Hope everyone's recovery has been better than mine and Merry Christmas to all. More pictures later.

Hi everyone. I'm 1 month PO and feeling so so...

Hi everyone. I'm 1 month PO and feeling so so much better. Started exercise again. Word of advise, please be patient. It is a rough recovery but it does get better with time. I still swell but only after exercising. I have added some more pictures. Thank you ladies for being there for me during this process. Love ya guys and love this site!
Stuart Plastic Surgeon

Referred by two friends.

So glad to hear things are going well for you! Continued happy healing! It looks like you're still swelling a bit, but your results are good :)
Carmen... I saw you picture and for a quick moment thought you were a creepy man on the site, lol.
LOL Buffy, that was me before all my plastic surgery.
Good you couldn't get those crushed meds down! Very dangerous! And highly addictive! Vicodin is timed release so it's important not to crush them. So glad you are feeling so much better now!
Wow, that's good to know. I did not know that.
looking good!!!
Pictures when your feeling better! Hope your pain gets better :c (
Of course it gets better!! You poor thing :(. But what you really want to know is, when does it get better? Tomorrow!! Tomorrow it _starts_ getting better. In three days, you'll start forgetting how awful it was. In a week, the pain will be soreness and you will feel mostly human again. Distract yourself as much as possible. Sleep, watch movies, play video games--whatever you can. And hang in there! *hugs*
TwoPlusOne, thank you so much. You were absolutely correct. I feel much much better. Thank you for your support.
Thank goodness! :D
Hahaha!!! I felt the exact same way!
Hey Metal Momma how the heck are you? Are you feeling good? Are you back at the gym? Did you lose weight during your recovery? Sorry for all the questions.
Hey Girl! I'm doing much better now! I had a set back from trying to work out too soon. Word of advice....do not rush it. I am only lifting weights and I do that at home. My routine is so quick there is no point in going to the gym until I can do cardio again w/o swelling. I have lost weight, mainly swelling. Check out my bikini pics :) I am seeing the light now, and just being smarter about my recovery. The whole 6 wks clearance release is a joke, it takes so much longer than that to be active like we are now. And you know I don't mind answering questions.
Well Hello Carmen1, nice to see your before pics. Man, the muscle repair alone is gonna make such a huge difference for you. I think that is your biggest issue. A way to see what your waist might look like is bend over like at a 45 degree angle, then look at your backside in the mirror. That should be your natural waistline. I had no idea of the waistline I had, it was pretty straight b4 my surgery. But, I took a naughty photo for my hubby, lol! Bending over like I described. I am so glad I did because it showed the waistline I have now. It's worth a shot. Can't wait to see your results.
You can see definition on your abs / tummy area - your surgeon should be able to maximise on that (once the swelling has gone!!); not long to go.
Thanks Tum. Appreciate the comment. The swelling part is going to be hard and so is the muscle tightening. Oh well, we will see how it goes and I can't wait to show pics afterwards.
Hello...I agree w/the dr on having realistic expectations. Don't lose any weight! You'll be fine. I think your results will look better without the weight loss. Maybe it's more of the muscle gain from the constant workout that cause you to seem thicker or more built. Just let the dr work their magic on your mid area and the rest will fall into place. I think it will be worth it. Don't be too hard on yourself. :)
Thank you so much for the advise HeavenlyAngel. I will try to keep that in mind. Even now when I go to the gym and do sit ups I can feel my stomach muscles separating even more... LOL I am going to stop doing abdominal excercises until the surgery.
Wow, you can see all your muscle and fascia underneath the skin because of the lack of fat. Why are you trying to lose more weight if there's no fat?! The stomach won't get smaller if it's just a severe diastasis....
I know, that's what my husband said as well. But I just want my muscles in my arms to come through. My legs are very muscular. My thinking is if I lose more weight then my arm muscles will come out. No logic to my thinking. Typical women, always critical of oneself. I'm just hoping that the surgery will be worth it and that you will see a difference once the muscles are tightened. Thanks for the comment.
You do have a good point about the arms, though. You should get your body fat measured and go by that rather than the scale. At 17 or 18 percent body fat, if you are not happy with your muscle definition, you are probably being unrealistic, unless you are trying to be a fitness competitor :).
Body fat is 21. I think sometimes we are so critcal about our bodies that we do have unrealistic expectations. Thank you for your comment.