Living a Dream! - Stuart, FL

How does one man change a woman’s life so...

How does one man change a woman’s life so drastically? Dr. Giles has done just that for me! I am a bariatric patient that lost 110 pounds prior to meeting Dr. Giles. I underwent gastric sleeve surgery in March of 2012. I was ready to have my excess skin removed and my boobs lifted, but were afraid to be told that it was not a big enough weight loss. I had 3 consultations scheduled with three different plastic surgeons to decide which one to go with. Dr. Giles was the first surgeon I met with and knew instantly that I did not need to go to any of the other appointments. I knew he was the right surgeon for me.
I was very afraid that he wanted me to lose 20 more pounds. After my exam, he stated, “you don’t have 20 pounds to lose, you can do what you are doing for the rest of your life, that skin is not going anywhere”. I was running 20-25 miles a week, had 2 personal trainers, and working out 6-7 days a week. My prayers were instantly answered, when he confirmed that, I was ready for the extra skin to be removed. Dr. Giles confirmed that all my hard work paid off, and I had an amazing team of professionals supporting my decision.
Dr. Giles is kind, compassionate, understanding, encouraging, and had a way to make me feel special. He genuinely showed me that he cared about me and the decision I was to make such drastic changes in my life. He was informative, educated me, and answered all of my questions right there. I asked him, how I knew I was ready (I knew I was, just need it to be confirmed) he responded, “When you are ready to exchange skin for scar”. I knew I was ready, I knew I was in good hands, and I knew that Dr. Giles and his staff were the right fit for me with my drastic change.
The staff in Dr. Giles office is amazing. The front office staff is personable, caring, kind, and they take pride in their professionalism. His nursing staff (Shelly and Laura) are beyond amazing. They both went above and beyond to make me feel comfortable in all aspects of life (physically, emotionally, and mentally). They understand and show great respect and pride in the quality of care for each of their patients. Dr. Giles, Shelly and Laura spent such great quality time with each of me at my appointments. I never felt rushed, or an inconvenience calling the office with questions or concerns that arose during my healing process.
Dr. Giles has truly changed my life, not only did he remove an estimated 12 pound of extra skin having (vertical and horizontal tummy tuck and boob job) he gave me a spirit I have never had. He gave me a happiness that I have never felt. He gave me the opportunity to look at myself naked in the mirror (for the first time ever) and be comfortable in my own skin. The scars are perfect and now are a part of me that I accept! I see them as my battle wounds from all my hard work that certainly paid off.
My heart could not be happier with the decision I made to allow this phenomenal plastic surgeon and his team to change my life! He and his staff hold a very special place in my heart that will never be forgotten.
A patient living the dream,
Marisa

Before and after...

Before weight loss surgery (March 2011) after tummy tuck ( vertical and horizontal) and a boob lift! Could not be happier!!
Stuart Plastic Surgeon