The Best Doctor You Will Find. Period. -Stony Brook, NY

If you have no time to read this review in its...

If you have no time to read this review in its entirety, the truncated version is this: Dr. Rubinstein is a kind, patient and experienced professional who is concerned not with taking your money but with giving you the natural results you want. He took my horribly lumpy improperly done lips to beautiful natural lips.

Now here's the long story:

In January of this year, I had visited a "professional" plastic surgeon -who has great reviews here on RealSelf [contact me for his name you need to steer clear of him!] - for natural lip augmentation. I'm talking about one syringe on my lower lip to give it more symmetry. So I booked the appointment and went into his office thinking I was in capable hands due to all the good reviews and awards he'd received. However, when I arrived I was told I would have to wait until he finished eating his breakfast - Ok, I thought, no big deal there. After about 15 minutes I was called down into his very dark/poorly lit operation room, there I waited for him about 10 more minutes. He came in still chewing his breakfast and just stared at me. Then after he was done chewing he said "What do you want?" I told him I was interested in augmenting my lower lip with juvederm - and with no further questions, explanations or even numbing cream he went out got the syringe and injected almost the whole syringe into my top lip. Not what I wanted or asked for. After the two week waiting time, it was obvious he not only injected into the wrong lip but where he injected he had done it improperly. In short my lips were terribly lumpy. Over the next few weeks, he sloppily tried to correct it by adding more and more - just increasing the overall lumpiness of my lips. I was angry and embarrassed to say the least.

**Here's the important Part**
This is when I called up Dr. Rubinstein's office. It was like day and night. Right off the bat they sent me a detailed sheet of what I shouldn't eat/take before my injection and other helpful documents. When I got there I saw that the office was beautifully lit and carefully looked after. All the women behind the desk were not only friendly but they were genuinely kind and polite. They took detailed pictures of me throughout my process of dissolving the juvederm with wydase so that I could see my progress, always booked days that they knew worked for my schedule, always sent me reminders, always provided numbing cream, and always, always did it with a smile. As for Dr. Rubinstein, he takes his time with you every time you are there. He listens to your concerns and more importantly, explains everything [with pictures of yourself] and gives you his feedback. Put simply, he is everything a patient would want in a doctor.
After several weeks, he got my lumpy limps looking so natural [but enhanced] without breaking my bank [check out his point/rewards system] or my self confidence.

I will continue to go to him for any cosmetic needs and would recommend you do the same - you will not regret it.
Manhattan Facial Plastic Surgeon

The best cosmetic doctor I have come across. Amazingly helpful, professional and humble to boot.

How is everything going now?  We'd love to see a review update about your continued Juvederm story :)

Its good to hear you are feeling more pleased with how your lips now. Did you end up getting more Juvederm placed in your upper lip after the dissolving, or just to your bottom?

After the dissolving, we decided to inject just enough into both lips to create evenness and it turned out beautifully.

Wonderful! Please keep us updated on when you start to notice it wear off, and if you do decide to get it done again or not - would love to hear!

Will do just that!