One-Day Recovery Is For Real!! Breast Augmentation Implants - Stony Brook, NY

I started researching plastic surgeons over the...

I started researching plastic surgeons over the summer and spent months going on consults and reading reviews and what not, trying to learn as much as I could about the procedure an what my options were.

After hearing the buzz words "rapid recovery" I was intrigued and also extremely skeptical. But I was determined to find out if it was for real. Why would a doctor NOT want to give their patient 24 hour recovery to be able to get back into every-day activities movement right away? ... The answer I found is that they simply don't know how.

Apparently only a handful of doctors across the country know and have been trained with this 24-hour rapid recovery technique, and I was thrilled to have found Dr. Epstein was one of them. No other doctor could come close to match is statistics -- he has only a 1% re-operation rate and the lowest rate of complications by FAR compared to any other PS on the east coast that I could see! He also polled that 100% of his patients were able to return to normal activities within 24 hours.

Today is the third day after my surgery, and even though I was given his statistics beforehand, I am still completely baffled! My recovery has truly been incredible. From the moment I woke up from the anesthesia, Dr. Epstein had me raise my arms above my head pain-free. I took a nap and then was instructed to take a hot shower and did more arm raises. I dressed myself and blow dried my hair too. That evening I went on a walk with my dog, and easily could have gone out to dinner if i wasn't enjoying having my bf wait on me hand and foot so much:)

The next day - still no pain pills fyi - I was definitely more sore, however had ZERO PAIN. I felt like i had done an absurd amount of push-ups that had left me tight in the chest. But showering, dressing and walking around town was no issue. I did some cleaning around my apartment, went shopping and out to dinner that night!

Today is day 3 of recovery and I've already cooked breakfast for my bf and I and am about to go out for the day -- back to a regular routine! The only thing i cannot do yet is have a vigorous workout at the gym and I can't seem to wear a bra comfortably yet, so I've been going free lol :)

Reminder -- i have been given ZERO PAINKILLERS, absolutely no narcotics. I am only taking Ibuprofen and antibiotics.

I cannot say enough good things about this whole process. Besides the knowledgable and friendly staff, I am SO pleased with my breasts and my recovery so far and i can't wait to see how much better they will look in the next months too!

If you are looking to have a breast augmentation and would like to be back in your normal routine as soon as possible, definitely check out Dr. Mark Epstein!!

Stony Brook Plastic Surgeon

After a lot of obsessive researching on doctors and specifics of the procedure, I am so glad to have chosen Dr. Epstein as my PS. A one-day recovery is absolutely possible with Dr. E!! He and his staff are very accommodating and friendly. They were very helpful in directing me out to his office in Long Island from NYC, they even sent me flowers the day after my surgery! Dr. Epstein is a fantastic plastic surgeon and has a very sharp sense of what your anatomy can handle or not handle. He was very methodical in the consult with me and gave lots of really helpful information - not just telling me what i want to hear... He is attentive to his patients - called to check up on me the night of my surgery when I was doing well enough to be out walking my dog! Check out his website and statistics on his patients - you can't argue with that!!

Congrats!
Congrats!!! What size implants did you get and are you going to post pictures?
Thx!! I got 339 and 371 for unevenness... Was an A cup on my right and possibly a very small B or larger A cup on my left. No pics, but they are looking great so far!! They def still have some dropping to do, but already looking really nice one week out:)
I would love to see pics. I want to have a one day recovery too. Was looking into a doctor in California for that but it is a bit far I'm in nyc. Can you please message me bc I have a couple of other questions for you about it?
Sorry for the delayed response - just saw your post and PM'ed you! I'm happy to answer any questions! Not sure I'll post pics to the site, but maybe there's a way to message you some? (I'm kinda uptight about keeping the anonymity) At almost 2 months out now, they totally look and feel like my own!

Thank you for your review! I'm glad you at least had a little kick-back time to be waited on. :)