Thrilled with Results - Stony Brook, NY

I had breast asymmetry, and wanted larger breasts...

I had breast asymmetry, and wanted larger breasts as well.

Dr. Epstein was recommended to me by a friend who had a breast augmentation with him several years ago. I did plenty of research on him and decided to schedule a consultation with him for a breast augmentation. Upon stepping foot in his office for the first time, I got the sense that his office staff truly cared and were very accommodating. On top of that, the office itself was very clean and aesthetically pleasing.

When I first met with Dr. Epstein, I explained my cosmetic goals to him. He took many measurements of my breasts, and then proceeded to take pictures using the Vectra 3-D imaging (which is amazing!), which gives a general idea of what you would look like with a certain size implant. Dr. Epstein was firm in the fact that he would not give my body a large sized implant that my body simply could not handle, which I appreciated.

Together, we chose an implant size that both fit my body and fit my goals. I was skeptical with the 24-hour recovery - it just didn't seem possible! I've heard many stories about recovery from breast implants, and they were horrific. However, I went into the experience with a positive mindset.

The morning of the surgery, the office staff made me feel very comfortable - I was very nervous! Dr. Epstein gave me a little goodie bag filled with creams, soaps, etc. prior to going into the OR. I met with Dr. Epstein and we spoke for a few minutes and he made me feel very comfortable. I then met with the anesthesiologist, and he was extremely friendly and made me feel comfortable as well.

While in the OR being prepped for surgery, one nurse sat by my side and held my hand and talked to me - I thought that was extremely nice! When I woke up from surgery, I was in ZERO pain. I mean zero. I know I was on pain meds, but I have had surgeries before and always woke up with at least some discomfort. I was able to put my arms above my head and kept them there for some time. After about a half hour in the recovery room, I was able to go home.

I took a nap for about 2 hours and then showered and went out to dinner. The next morning, I drove to go get breakfast with a friend and then went to the mall to shop. 24 HOUR RECOVERY IS NO JOKE! The only pain medication prescribed to me was Ibuprofen, and I only took one pill the night of the surgery. I didn't require any further pain medicine after that. There was really no pain - just a tightness in my chest, which is to be expected!

I am now about 5.5 weeks post op, and I couldn't be happier with my results. Dr. Epstein is always available to answer any questions I have, which is important to me. Dr. E was the one and ONLY plastic surgeon I had a consult with, and I wouldn't have it any other way! You really don't need to look any further .. Dr. Epstein is the way to go! There's no way you'll be disappointed.

Stony Brook Plastic Surgeon

I've heard about his 24-hour recovery before. It sounds almost too good to be true! Out to dinner that same night is amazing!

Thank you for posting your experience here on RealSelf! What sort of implants did you go with?