34-Year-Old Who Has Always Desired Bigger Breasts- Stony Brook, NY

I had my breast augmentation with Dr. Epstein in...

I had my breast augmentation with Dr. Epstein in early August 2013. I am five months out from surgery now and I am happy to post a review, as online reviews were how I found Dr. Epstein in the first place. I am extremely happy with the results of my surgery. I was always very, very small chested (barely an A cup) and after breastfeeding two kids, there was nothing left! I always thought people should just be happy with what God gave them, but God didn't give me much in the first place and what he did give me, my kids took away! So, after much online research, I made a consultation appointment with Dr. Epstein, based on the many positive reviews I found on him. His website was also very informative - WAY more information on there than on any other surgeon's site. At my consultation, Dr. Epstein took a series of 3-D photos to show me how I look now compared to what I would look like with implants. I ultimately chose the 410 "gummy bear" implants; while more expensive than regular silicone, they were the best choice for me as I wanted to look as natural as possible following surgery (I definitely didn't want the "breast implant look" that we all know). While I intended to seek out a second opinion before meeting Dr. Epstein, after meeting him I knew that he was my surgeon - no need to go anywhere else. On surgery day, I was nervous of course, but when I arrived at Dr. Epstein's office, it was very calm and quiet. As other reviews have stated, the recovery was very easy. I had always thought about breast implants but couldn't take a week off of work/kids/family life to sit in bed and recover. After I woke up from surgery, Dr. Epstein had me raise my hands over my head - no problem. My surgery was in the early afternoon and I was home by 3:30 p.m. I followed his "recipe for recovery" and ate when I got home and then tried to take a 2-hour-nap. I slept on and off but made sure to stay in bed and just rest. After my nap, I took a shower and got dressed - then headed to Port Jeff to eat dinner with my family! No kidding...only a few hours after surgery, I was up walking around Port Jeff and eating dinner at a restaurant. I took the next day off from work to just relax (I also went to the mall that day to buy a few bras) but was back to work 2 days following the surgery. I can't recommend Dr. Epstein more highly - if I would've known getting implants was this easy, I would've done it years ago!
Wow, sounds like you had an amazing recovery! That's great you were able to go out to dinner and back to work so quickly. Did the bras you purchased the day before your surgery end up working out? Were they more of a recovery bra? Did you notice changes from the swelling as you recovered? We'd love to see some photos if you're comfortable posting them!
Stony Brook Plastic Surgeon