44yo, 3 Teenage Boys, 1 Ruptured 21yo Saline Implant, 1 Umbilical Hernia...equals One Happy Mommy. Stoneham, MA

One week post op and even though I'm in pain (more...

One week post op and even though I'm in pain (more "burning" than pain at incision site), I can't believe how flat my tummy is! After having 2 almost ten pound babies and one 10lb 1oz baby, who are now all teenagers, my belly was a mess. Even though I had BA surgery over 20 years ago and was totally pleased, I believed a tummy tuck was "frivolous" & "selfish" ( even though I had the complete support of my hubby and entire family) . Well.... In February one of my saline implants ruptured! No warning, no pain. Just woke up one morning and my right implant was flat! What a shock! But it started this journey. My primary care dr referred me to an incredible plastic surgeon- did interview two more through friend and client recommendation- and so far so good. When we consulted on my ruptured implant, I asked him about a tummy tuck. He had me schedule another consultation appointment so he could spend proper time with me going over everything. Turns out I also had an umbilical hernia from my big babies! After meeting with a general surgeon he recommended to repair my hernia, lots of discussions with my hubby and boys (and sisters and mom and friends...cashier at the grocery store..lol!) , lots of logistical planning around vacations and my boys being around to help me (thank God because I would have been trapped in bed and/or unable to pull myself off the couch without their assistance!), deciding to switch from saline to silicone implants (another big decision because when I had my BA 20 yrs ago silicone wasn't even available. And I decided at the last minute to go with silicone and I already feel the difference! They are less heavy and softer!) , and lots of follow up calls/questions for my plastic surgeon and his fabulous office manager, I finally decided to have "the works"! That was last Tuesday- today is exactly 1 week since my surgery. It definitely was a "big" surgery and probably more painful than I imagined, but how can you imagine what being cut halfway around your body would feel like? Every day I feel a little better though! Had my drains removed yesterday which was a huge relief! And I'm looking forward to watching my body transform....

I had my surgery done with him and am not happy with my results hope you had a better experience then I did I am 1 year and 2 months po and still have swelling / buldging of my stomach and it is the most uncomfortable feeling I'd take my ugly belly back anyday to avoid this feeling and
It sounds like you have a great support system and are through the worst. Thanks so much for sharing your experience so far. Please keep us updated as you continue to heal.
Congratulations on your transformation! Looking forward to see photos. . . Does Dr. Hall perform the surgeries in a hospital or does he do it a some type of surgical facility?
Boston Plastic Surgeon

Dr Hall is amazing, as is his entire office and surgical staff! He has been nothing but honest, compassionate and patient. And from what I can see so far, talented. He thoroughly explained all aspects of all the procedures I was having done and their recuperation periods. Everyone I've encountered have nothing but kind things to say about him. I would highly recommend him to anyone!