It Takes Some Time to See the Improvements, but It Definitely Works - Stockbridge, GA

I was prescribed Retin-A cream to use (along with...

I was prescribed Retin-A cream to use (along with an acne medication) by my dermatologist to minimize my pores and "smooth out" my acne scars. The first 30 days I expereinced the same break-out I do every month around the time of my period, but the second month, boy could I tell the difference!

The cons - takes a long time to see the difference so you have to have patience. Also, it is recommended that you wait at least 20 minutes after washing your face before applying the cream (I have to remind myself to go back and apply the cream instead of doing it all at one time).

The pros - pores are smaller and my skins definitely loooks brighter. I don't know if I look younger than I did before, but my skin looks even and smooth... I will continue to use this product for the long haul.

I went to Kaiser and I dont even remember the doctor's name; I was doubtful of the results the 1st month, but it definitely works.

I'm trying to email you but it keeps bouncing back - Will try again, later. Let me know if you eventually get it...
I have used Retin A for years. ran out for the last 3 months and my god can I see a difference. I am waiting on my Retin A to arrive in the post! It is amazing an the best thing you can do to slow down the ageing process, you are just throwing your money away on all the other hyped-up creams out there. It needs to be increased gradually. I started twice weekly and then increased to 3 or 4 times a week. You don't need to use it more than this in my opinion or you will peel too much and skin may get red. Of course, you do get used to the Retin A and I could use it every night wit no problems, but prefer not to overdo it.

Thank you so much for the info!! I'm applying about 4 times a week now - but my goodness, you are not kidding about the peeling!! I know they say you aren't suppose to scrub your skin at all, but I use a face buffer pad completely dry to at least get the gross stuff off.

Did you find the peeling got better the longer you were on it?

Here is my review if you want to comment on it so we don't hijack coacoa's review. ;)

I just started using Retin-A last night, and I can see what you mean about having to remind yourself to go back to put it on.

How often did you apply it when you were first starting? I'm only suppose to put it on every 3rd day for the first 4 weeks.

Hi coacoa,

Happy this worked out so well for you. Your review provides some great insight and really important info for the community. We'd love to see pictures. Please keep us updated how continued use goes.

Thanks so much for the review and enjoy tomorrow!

-Britt