Still Hurting

I was expecting that the anesthesia would be 4-6...

I was expecting that the anesthesia would be 4-6 shots not the 30 or so it actually was. I also did't plan to be out of commission for a full week, but at day 4 I am still in alot of pain. I would never undergo this procedure without at least having "twighlight sleep". It was too gruesome.

A friend of mine just had the "works" done on Monday, 2/28/ll here in Denver. I was considering just the jowls;neck procedure done, but after reading these posts and seeing firsthand my friend second-day post-op--with a lump near one of her eyes. The surgeon, instead of wanting to see her asap said to E-mail him a picture of the eye to determine if it was even necessary to see him.

She has to return to work tomorrow, even though she doesn't feel all that good--she needs the money.

I think I may just age as gracefully as I can in this youth-obsessed culture--or else, find a surgeon certified in facial plastic surgery as well as otolaryngology. Know of any in Denver.

There is a section here at realself that will help you find a doctor for your state. Here is the link: http://www.realself.com/find

No matter what you do, please take the time to get a 2nd opinion and be sure to read each and every line on the contracts that you sign. Best, Chrystal
Good for you, smart girl, Denver