Getting Better Day by Day!!

Had my surgery April 1, 2009. I'm still deciding...

Had my surgery April 1, 2009. I'm still deciding if this was worth it. Cant go back and change it, thats for sure. The pain was aweful the first two days. Worse than a C-section could come close to. I was very sick the first day. My mom took very good care of me. I had been doing research on this for a year then finally bit the bullet and had it done. I was so excited. Now my fourth day after the procedure I was able to take a shower while undressing I looked at my self I just lost it I looked deformed. Wasn't happy with what I saw. I cried for hours. but I know its just the swelling and the bruising just wasnt looking at what I was used to looking at. I have had several surgeries. below my belly button look like butt cheeks with lots of stretch marks and belly was lopsided. It looked terrrible. I wanted that gone. I know its gonna take time. The pain I can handle. I have two drains. Are they gonna hurt when they come out? I dont know see next tuesday about that.
I will try to post a before pic dont have one of the after pic yet.
I'm hopeing I will feel better about this procedure as time goes by.
update later::

Hello ladies I am 49 had a hysterectomy feb 2013 that almost ended my life was in hospital 25 days. At that time I was 140 ...a year later 240 and a hanging belly. Thinking serious about have a TT. The hyst, left a bad scar on my belly which along made me feel less than a woman and now the weight gain. I am very depress not sure if it's the right time but if I continue to gain weight I have no reason to keep going .....Dlr
Hey, take it easy, I live with depression for a long time due to health problems and ugly abdomen. One day at a time to help u plan another surgery. See a therapist it will help u deal better with your situation.
how long did it take you to get back on track? My gyn referred me to a therapist waiting for an apt soon. Thanks so much for your comments.
I am considering a TT, am just looking for surgeons with great reputation.
Stevie S you said you take ibuprofen...please people ask your surgeon if this is ok after plastic surgery. It is not normally recommended to take ibuprofen of aspirin as they can both cause bleeding. Paracetamol/Tylenol should be fine though
I am scheduled to get my tummy tuck, with lippo of my upper abdominal and flanks, what should I look forward to? Can I do anything to prepare and has anyone had the surgery with Dr Mantooth?
Hi, Dr. Mantooth is my doctor. When is your surgery?
I am glad I had I had the surgery. I had about 7 years ago. Before that had gastric bypass with 100 pound weight loss which I have maintained. I think your results look fantastic. My only problem is my pubic area is so puffy that I look like a male in pants. Am having breast reduction in 3 days and was wondering if anyone had this problem and if they had to pay for the fix. Everything I have had has been covered by insurance fortunately.
I'm happy that your experience was good. Mine on the other hand...not so good.. I had my TT 4 weeks ago. My new belly button opened up and the hole in my stomach is larger than a golf ball. The incision above my pubic area is also opening. I had ALOT of drainage and huge hematomas so I know those were the contributing factors for my problem right now. I cried alot at first and wish I had Never done this to myself! Now I try to look on the bright side. It is a pain in the butt But at least when I heal, i'll look Fabulous! !!
I would add a pic but I don't know how....
Wuao!! What type of insurance do u have???
Hi Ginger... well I have Health Select. At this time I'm waiting to c if the insurance approves a Home Health to come to thehouse a few times a week to put that vacuum thing on me so the holes will heal fast er. . I hope they do!!!!
I am very sorry and fear for ur health. I been thing of having a TT but am afraid of the anesthesia/procedure since I have sleep apnea. Rest the best u can and let's prey that ur insurance pay for what u need. Keep on touch. Be well.
Hi Ginger. Thank u for ur concern. I've been praying alot for healing. I feel good, well except my stomach feels sore. I didn't hear anything about the home health today. maybe 2mrw. I have sleep apnea awell. Don't worry, they'll take extra special care of u. When r u thinking of getting it done?
Ok, now a third hole is opening up!!!! WTH!!! I am SO FRUSTRATED I CAN'T SEE STRAIGHT!!! I can't stop crying.. I wonder if my insurance would cover this in the ER? Since they are wounds?
Don't know yet because I have to lose some weight. Am 200 pounds but am eating more heathy now than never before. Am 51 and no longer can't do the things I use to do. Be well
Good luck! U can do it :) ii lost 150 pounds so I HAD to have it done!!! I was extremely flabby!!! I feel good today :)
Oh yea... I just found out that my insurance won't cover the wound vac because this was an elective surgery. . What kind of BULL iss that? A wound is a wound no matter how u got i t. Anyway, my wonderful Dr. Is going to pay for it :)))
Rest in peace. Another woman died in Dominican Republic during plastic surgery. She was from the Bronx, NY. Left a daughter behind.
Yea... I got the wound vac put on yesterday morning. . It's a little painful but at least the holes will begin to heal now. It feel like I'm bieng stabbed or poked with an ice pick. I just take Tylenol or ibuprofen and I feel ok for a while. I'll be wearing this 24 hours a day for 3-4 weeks, maybe longer. It depends how the wounds heal but at least I'm on my way to recovery. .YEA! !! :)
So sorry to hear about the woman who passed away.. may she R.I.P...
I will do my research
I have had my wound vac for a month now. The guy pushing my wheelchair in Costa Rica( on my way home after surgery) set my carry on on the footplate of the wheelchair, then jammed it into my stomach. Thus, he layed open my 11 day old tummy tuck incision. The flight home was no fun. My point is that my wound was huge and deep. The wound vac is amazing! It had brought this all together so nicely! I hope your healing goes as well as mine so far.
I'm so happy for u Bethine.. Thank u. I hope I have great results as well.. I'll keep u updated. ..
so looks like the vac will be coming off on Friday for good. wound is at the surface ,and will likely be closed completely in about 2 weeks. That is a total of 6 weeks from wide open gaping abd. wound to closure with wound vac. YAY