Life Changing - Stevens Point, WI

I am a 22 year old female that has been struggling...

I am a 22 year old female that has been struggling with moderate acne for as long as I can remember. I tried everything under the sun to get rid of my acne like antibiotics, topical creams, and different types of birth control having little to no results. I would get painful bumps under my skin that would last weeks leaving behind a scar once they disappeared. I was very nervous to go on Accutane after reading the risks involved with taking the drug but decided to take the plunge and give it a try. My dermatologist put me on 20 mg twice a day 2 months ago and the results are unbelievable. My skin is so much smoother and I have no new bumps coming up anymore. I do have the scarring the I had prior to starting Accutane but it is slowly fading. I finally have the confidence to socialize with people instead of feeling the need to hide at home because of a breakout. So far I the only side effects I've experienced are extremely dry lips, dry patches of skin, an occasional bloody nose, and moderate back pain. These minor side effects are definitely worth the confidence I have gained. The monthly pregnancy and blood tests are troublesome but knowing they are only temporary makes it worth it. My only regret is I wish I had started Accutane earlier!