Finally Made the Decision - Sterling, VA

Well, it's been a couple of years since I...

Well, it's been a couple of years since I considered getting any sort of surgery. After getting serving in the military, I gained 40 lbs over six months (hello readjustment issues!) went I went home to go to college. To put it in context, I went from 110 to 152 - a relatively big change for someone 5'5. Once I got readjusted and was in a good place mentally, it was a short time before I lost most of the weight (no real changes other than watching what I ate and walking a lot more). Since then, I've hovered around the 118-125lb mark and no matter what I've done, to include hardcore dieting and working out, will make that last little bit go. So, after two years of looking on the internet, researching, and looking up reviews (thanks realself), I am now almost 30 and have decided on getting the smartlipo procedure.

Realself has been really helpful in choosing doctors. I knew that I had to select a board certified doctor of plastic surgery. I first went to a surgeon in Chevy Chase, MD, but ultimately decided to wait and find a different surgeon. I recently went to a different practice, seeing that the Dr. also uses the smartlipo mpx machine. This time I knew I found the practice where I would get my surgery. The staff was so friendly and the facility was nice, even if quite a bit of a drive away. The Dr. was really professional and answered all of my questions in an intelligent manner. He also didn't push for unnecessary procedures. The price is reasonable, given the other quotes I have seen.

So, my surgery is for Wednesday, getting my lower abdomen and outer thighs done. I'm a little nervous, especially as I know others havent had the results they expected. I never expected to get this surgery, I was always of the mindset that only lazy people get this or that I wasnt working hard enough or dieting enough. Still, I do believe that genetics is a factor here, as I now have the same pear-shaped measurements like my mom no matter what I eat or do (28in bust, 31in stomach, 38in hips). So even while I am nervous, I'm excited too! Wish me luck! :)

PS - I'll post pictures soon.

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Sterling Plastic Surgeon