My Breast Implant Ruptured- They Call This a Capsular Contracture. Sterling, VA

Almost 17 years ago, I had breast augmentation...

Almost 17 years ago, I had breast augmentation surgery. About 4 year ago, I started to notice hardness , pain and swelling in the right breast. As time went on, I had more symptoms such as pain and tingling in my right underarm, hands and fingers. After having 2 kids and breast feeding both, at first , I thought that this was a normal part of aging.

I went to several different plastic surgeons who told me a variety of things.
Most of them said I would need get a reduction, new implants and there would be scars. I let the situation get progressively worse because I just didn't want to have the scars and live with the end result that I saw in so many of the before and after pictures from other doctors.

One day, I started noticing that I had a fever and that my right nipple was starting to point towards my arm. The pain was increasing and it was accompanied by numbness. I went to see Dr. Peter Klainer from Chrysalis Plastic Surgery in Sterling VA. After some tests and an thorough examination, Dr. Klainer told me that I had a severe capsular contracture. He recommended that the implants be removed and replaced and that the capsule be removed in an attempt to reduce my pain and numbness, as well as improve the look and symmetry of my breasts. I scheduled my surgery 2 weeks later. The surgery went well and I found out that the cause of my pain was secondary to the leaking silicone which had traveled up under my arm. After the initial pain related to the surgery I found my symptoms to be greatly improved and at this point I have no further pain or numbness in my right hand. My breast also look so much better, they are softer and more natural than I could have hoped.
I was really embarrassed at my breasts until the 2nd surgery. Now I like the result much more than the first time! Thanks Dr. Klainer!!

Sterling Plastic Surgeon

I really appreciate Dr. Klainer for improving my health, as well as helping me feel good about myself again. I was really discouraged for along time before I went to him. So far , I love my results and I am off to the beach! Thank you Dr. Klainer. I don't have ugly scars, and my breasts are actually the same size as before. Just better!!

I bet you feel and look great! Congratulations on your revision. That must have been rather scary to hear about the silicone leaking. Good thing you finally went to see a surgeon. Sometimes it takes several doctor consults to find just the right surgeon. Glad you're okay and headed to the beach feeling confident!