Mixto Treatment Not by the Doctor - Sterling Heights, MI

The laser was not even close to my eyes or mouth...

The laser was not even close to my eyes or mouth (2 areas of concern), but the worst part was the doctor did not even preform it, one of the ladies who normally do my facials! Is that possible? You do not have to be a doctor? After the treatment I asked why she did not get around my eyes or mouth and she said she will try to get closer next time. Do I really want HER to?

Still not good. I wasted my money and time.

Still not good. I wasted my money and time.

The doctor did not preform the Mixto treatment

It's very tough to sue a plastic surgeon or a dermatologist. Not liking the results gets you nowhere in court. You have to demonstrate medical negligence.
Nearly four months after my Mixto disaster I am still dealing with painful, itchy blisters all over the right side of my face. I am really starting to think about legal action.
May I ask the name of the clinic? I am considering having this done at a clinic in Sterling Heights. Thank You!
You got ripped off. When I've had any laser work done I've always insisted that the doctor do it himself. Why would you pay a nurse who is probably earning $35 an hour or less to touch your face?
I would go to another doctor to see what he thinks. The side effects of the Mixto laser should have disappeared after a week. Maybe legal action is necessary.
The clinic operators are obviuosly hustlers in wanting to load you up with product. Some of the doctors I've visited do offer product but none of them ever pushed it.
Lesson learned. They made me sign so many release documents that I'm fairly sure that they covered their liability.

I just finished looking my face over again. What a disaster. And I cannot figure out what to use. I started on a round of antibiotic today to see if that will help.
I think you most likely went to the same Sterling Heights clinic that I went to. I had the Mixto Laser done in early January, 2011. It is now mid-March, 2011 and I am still suffering from these awful bumps all over my face. They are like blisters. Each time I think they are getting better, they erupt again. The doctor did not do my procedure. One of the nurse-technicians did. They also insisted that I needed an additional $400 worth of useless product. I've stopped using anything that they sold me and am hoping that these bumps will clear up soon. Also, I don't see any improvement in wrinkles or skin tone, so I'm not sure what the heck was supposed to come of this, but all I've had is misery.
Some doctors get free use of Mixto lasers to test them in actual practice. Then they have the unmitigated gall to pass you off to a nurse who performs the procedure, for which the doctor may charge $1000-$2000. What a racket. The nurse probably earns $30 an hour.

Hi New Baltimore,

Welcome to the community and thanks for the review. If you go in again are you going to ask that the doctor goes around your eyes and mouth? Please keep us updated.

Thanks,